Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

15 months and still trying to get pregnant!? Help!

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 2:37 PM
  • 13 Replies

Hello!  I am 29 years old and my husband and I have been trying for the past 15 months to get pregnant.  We did get pregnant in January, but lost the baby in March at 8 weeks.  It's been an emotional rollercoaster since then and I've been taking vitamins and doing everything I can possibly think of to help move things along.  

I keep telling myself that God has a plan and things will come, but it's getting difficult for my husband and I to keep doing this on our own.  Our families have been pressuring us for years to have kids, so we did not want to tell them we've been trying.  

If anyone has some helpful information we could try, I would appreciate it!  Otherwise, prayers that my period doesn't come next week and we are starting our little family would be great!  

by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 2:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Baby3thinkpink
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 2:43 PM
Fingers crossed!!
Mel0dy
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Fingers crossed! Sending prego dust your way :) 

toopicky429
by Platinum Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 2:49 PM
Check out the trying to conceive group. Are charting ovulation? It may be as simple as you are not having sex at the right times. Good luck!
Adexecmom
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 3:03 PM

Have you seen your doctor about this?  That's where I would start.  Also, tell your family to back off. 

NDADanceMom
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 3:22 PM
It took me a year and a half for this one and one mc in that time. I didn't really do anything but have sex. I'm now 21 weeks.
lalalamama
by Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 4:21 PM
I'm sorry for your loss... That must have been difficult to go through :(
Sadly, miscarriage are far more common then most realise. Having one is a sad experience to go through, but as a single event it doesn't mean bad news for the future.
You've now started ttc again, so it's 4 months, not 15... make love often ( have fun!), every 48 hrs for a week mid cycle. Day #1 is first day of your period, not the last day. You ovulate 14 days before your next period. Don't use the calendar but count first day of your period to first day of next period to tell you how long your cycle is.
Best of luck to you.
godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Jul. 6, 2013 at 4:37 PM

So sorry for your loss. Just keep trying don't tell your family anything wait until you are pregnant to say something.

Sportbominable
by Platinum Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:16 PM

Go to www.naprotechnology.com       It is natural procreative technology. I use it to prevent pregnancy naturally and it's worked for me for over 4 years, but it is mainly used to help infertile couples. Check it out!

Squirrel1309
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 7:30 PM

I hear you, we tried for over a year and a half to get pregnant. I have poly cyctic ovary syndrom which made periods really irregular and made it harder than usual to conceive. I started working with my OBGYN to solve the problem, they put me on a med to manage my PCOS and eventually I got pregnant. Our son is a year old now and I'm thankful for him everyday.

I can't imagine miscarrying, I hope you have a really supportive husband and some good friends. I suggest tuning out your family, they're just going to make you feel pressured and depressed. Also, if you haven't been to a doctor you might want to consider it, they can test your hormone levels, make sure the fallopian  tubes are clear and if you check out they can check your husband's sperm count. I know of several people that got pregnant in the middle of these tests! :) 

Good luck!

asbk621
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 8:40 PM

Thanks for all of the responses!  I love the support on here!  I will check out the TTC group for more support.  I have been charting and using ovulation sticks all of this time, but it is still frustrating.  Thanks again!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)