Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What's a nice memorable gift to give to a friend going away to college?

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 8:12 PM
  • 5 Replies
My nieces bestfriend since pre k is going away to college soon, her my neice has been at the same school since pre k and now they're going to colleges over 1,000 of miles away from eachother... My neice is having trouble with gifts, any ideas
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 8:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
KendallsMommee
by Bronze Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 8:13 PM
A framed picture(s) of them together?
badylugs80
by Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 8:17 PM
I ordered a key chain that said 'just keep swimming' her name, and graduation year. Also monogrammed towels are nice. These are my standard go to items
periwinkle163
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 8:24 PM

When my sister went away I made her a dorm gift basket, anything she might need for dorm living. It included a laundry basket, a sewing kit, flip flops for the shower, extension cords, an umbrella, a flashlight, a roll of quarters for laundry, laundry soap pods, a new fluffy blanket, a dorm room sheet set, because apparently 90 percent of dorm rooms use twin xl, air fresheners, a microwave cookbook and cleaning supplies with a little tote to put them in. There were some other odds and ends also like stamps. She loved it!

Chelsey191
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:04 PM
Scrapbook full of pics and momentous they shared together and on the last page a note saying call me anytime with her phone number.
xoxRachelxox
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 9:43 PM

You could get her a really nice picture frame and have it engraved with their names. You know, like a "friends" frame and then put a picture of them in it and engrave their names on it?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN