Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Help me figure out what he is??

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 11:08 PM
  • 18 Replies

Our dog is about a year old we rescued him from a shelter whenever we moved here. They picked him up on the side of the road so they weren't sure of his exact age or breed all the paper work said about about 6 months old and lab mix. At times I think he's mixed with pit but then I dont see it. So I'm wondering what other people think? He is full grown and about 45lbs. Here are a few pictures. 

So what do you think?? 

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤
Brett's mommy- March 26th, 2008
Brynna's mommy- December 9th, 2009

http://myjourneyfortheirmiracle.blogspot.com/

by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mommytobeyippee
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 11:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Lab/shepherd maybe
scoleman828
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 11:10 PM
Pit is definitely possible. He's probably a mix of a mix though, if ya know what I mean. He's adorable though, and looks like a great pup!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jltplk25
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 11:13 PM

I too would say a lab/shephard mix. He's like the blond version of my husband's pup, who is a lab mix.

Bretnasmommy
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Yea thats what I'm guessing? We wanted a full blooded lab but whenever I started looking at all the animal shelters online around here(we live near a military base) I had to just go look. Whenever I saw him I fell in love. All the dogs in the shelter were barking their heads off(a husky was singing haha) and he was just sitting there looking at us. He was so sweet. And he has completed our family. In the beginning we were like what did we get ourselves into because he chewed up a few shoes and tore down one thing of blinds but he is the sweetest dog and so funny. 

Quoting scoleman828:

Pit is definitely possible. He's probably a mix of a mix though, if ya know what I mean. He's adorable though, and looks like a great pup!

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Bretnasmommy
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 11:15 PM

Wouldn't he be bigger though? I thought both breeds were bigger dogs? He's more of a medium size dog. Not small like a terrier but not big like a full blooded lab or anything.

Quoting mommytobeyippee:

Lab/shepherd maybe

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

eandt
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 11:19 PM

AmericanStafford terrier and lab

scoleman828
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 11:21 PM
It's so strange how you just know which dog is "the one" when you see them. We used to live in a small neighborhood that bordered an open land area where people would dump dogs :-( we took SO many to the shelter and frankly, it was annoying having dogs running around loose all.the time. One day, a small white puppy was sitting in our driveway. For some reason, dh and I both knew he was staying. Lol he's now 18 months old and not even close to small - he's mix of (maybe?) Boxer/mastiff/pit/bulldog of some kind. And the sweetest big baby ever.

Quoting Bretnasmommy:

Yea thats what I'm guessing? We wanted a full blooded lab but whenever I started looking at all the animal shelters online around here(we live near a military base) I had to just go look. Whenever I saw him I fell in love. All the dogs in the shelter were barking their heads off(a husky was singing haha) and he was just sitting there looking at us. He was so sweet. And he has completed our family. In the beginning we were like what did we get ourselves into because he chewed up a few shoes and tore down one thing of blinds but he is the sweetest dog and so funny. 

Quoting scoleman828:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
firehorse13
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 11:23 PM

A damn cute dog is what he is :) In all seriousness, I would agree with lab/shepherd, maybe some sort of a retriever. He's adorable.

JollyMommy84
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 11:29 PM

Such a cute dog....I am not an expert of dog breeds so I will just bump this post

BUMP

Imjustinsmommy
by on Jul. 6, 2013 at 11:31 PM

he looks alot like a lab we had. cant deny the lab part i dont  see much else really the  legs might be  pitbull in  how they are in the pic of him standing its  kinda like that but idk.. i see more lab than anything

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN