Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

wanting another baby

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:29 AM
  • 12 Replies
Hi my name is Susan I'm 25 years old and I've just joined the club, I would like another baby but me husband wants the snip and we've got 3 berns too. Me and me husband have talked about it abit but he's going to book the snip in soon and I would like one more. Also I think he's only getting the snip cause hes mam wants him too.
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mummzie120
by New Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:07 AM

That's just wrong. There are other forms of birth control that are not permanent. He should leave that option open in light of the fact that you have already expressed your desire to have another child. He might change his mind someday. It's nobodys buisness to control the size of your family but yours and your husbands. The fact that his mother has that much influence is a sign that it's time to cut the apron strings! 

mammy03
by Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 11:44 AM
True it's upto us wat we want to do and if we have another baby he can have the snip then, also none of the family can but in. Also on Thursday he told the doctor about the snip without telling meat the last minute so we need to talk again.
mammy03
by Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 11:59 AM
Wish I could earn that much by working on the computer and wats your neighbour going to do now.
Reina13
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi Susan, welcome to the group.

I think that maybe you should try talking to him. There are so many more forms of birth control out there that are not permanent. If you use those methods instead, you can always shelf the baby conversation for a while.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat with us Every Tuesday!

mammy03
by Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Yea I know I'll sort summit out cause we need to cause me mind is just about baby.
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:27 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 2:41 PM

Welcome to the group,
Awww keep talking to him & perhaps you can agree on another kind of bc for now.
Good luck :)

strawberryLVR
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 2:59 PM

not ok. what are berms anyway? he shouldn't be selfish and do that. you are in this together. ask him how he's feel if you got pregnant on purpose with out telling him, lying that you were on the pill etc... it's the same thing. if you can't control him doing that with out your permission, why should he be able to control you getting pregnant with out his?

ScrChk23
by Amanda on Jul. 7, 2013 at 4:28 PM

you two definately need to talk.

jojo_star
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 5:00 PM

Why is his mother deciding this for you? This is something you two need to sit down and about. If he doesn't want another baby right now, there are other things that you can do that aren't permanent. 

jconney80
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 10:55 PM

welcome to Cafemom! Good luck getting hubby to communicate with you

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)