Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Would you let your preteen daughter?

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:02 PM
  • 86 Replies

Go shopping with you at the grocery store, WalMart or any of them, wearing a bikini?

Yea, I went to Wally World after work and I start down the bread aisle and there is a woman and her two preteen girls, could have been ten or 12, wearing bikinis. No cover up on, just the suit. I couldnt help but think if they were mine, I would not have let them go with that kind of attire on!

by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AmberKS
by Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:03 PM

I see that around here ALL the time...I HATE IT!!!!

Andylund
by Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:04 PM
Funny I saw this yesterday it made me mad no I would not
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:04 PM

No

hriabywx4
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:08 PM
I don't have girls but I I did that would be an absolute NO! I don't let my boys go in a store with just their swim trunks on.
Retrokitty
by Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:09 PM
No shoes no shirt no service. Otherwise I would.
Tipsen
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:10 PM
2 moms liked this

Depends on the situation. I recently rode my bike to go swimming. Well while swimming my bag with all my clothes was stolen. I luckily still had money on me so I went across the street to Kmart to buy clothes and shoes so I could ride home. I am sure a lot of people thought I was being lazy/trashy. I got a lot of stars but I would of got more and my feet would kill if I rode home with a bikini and no shoes. 

reche1978
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:16 PM

no I wouldnt they would have to put on some shorts and and t-shirt

GleekingOut
by Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:21 PM
Not at all. They don't wear bikinis firstly, and I always carry a full outfit for each child in the car in case of this situation, or they would wait in the car with an adult if they refused to change. I was in the shops yesterday and these girls (9/10) were wearing the skimpiest leotards and a big jacket, so it looked like they were just wearing undies. Felt a bit wrong IMO and their dad was rushing through at lightning speed to get them out of there- they were also being silly and dancing around, doing the splits, showing off etc.
GleekingOut
by Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:22 PM
Not at all. They don't wear bikinis firstly, and I always carry a full outfit for each child in the car in case of this situation, or they would wait in the car with an adult if they refused to change. I was in the shops yesterday and these girls (9/10) were wearing the skimpiest leotards and a big jacket, so it looked like they were just wearing undies. Felt a bit wrong IMO and their dad was rushing through at lightning speed to get them out of there- they were also being silly and dancing around, doing the splits, showing off etc.
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Depends if we were coming from the pool or something  But no typically not since i never did that.  I always put shorts and a shirt on even to go to an ice cream shop that was more like a coffee truck.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN