Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Just curious what cafemoms would do?

Posted by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:24 PM
  • 25 Replies
1 mom liked this
I recently went to the pool with my ds. I had rode my bike there and the pool is close to a shopping area. Well while at the pool my bag went missing that had my towel, our clothes, shoes (my gym shoes were in the bag, I had some thin sandels on walking around the pool, sun screen ect. I still had my phone in my bag in the locker, along with my cards. Well I had called around since I knew I couldn't ride all the way home (about 12 miles) pulling this bike trailer on main roads wearing thin flip flops and a bikini but nobody could pick us up. So I road to the nearest department store and went in wearing a bikini and flip flops and my son only wearing swim trunks but no shoes (I out him in a cart. I bought some clothes, shoes, and a few snacks, changed in the restroom and left. You should have saw the dirty looks abd comments I got. I was already frustrated so I just went on because I didn't want to get going because I know my mouth can get me in trouble. So my question is, how would you react if this happened to you or if you saw us walking thru the store?
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Platinum Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:25 PM
1 mom liked this

I probably would have thought that you needed clothes to wear home for some reason. LOL.

Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Jul. 7, 2013 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this
If it happened to me, I would've done as you did. If I saw you, I don't know what I would do/think. I live in SoCal, so people in beachwear are a common sight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 10:09 PM

I would have done what you did!

AppleJacks2
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 10:59 PM

this

Quoting jconney80:

I would have done what you did!

tyrelsmom
by Gold Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 11:05 PM
2 moms liked this
Well, I wouldn't have given a dirty look, but I admit my initial reaction would have been something along the lines of "WTH?!?". LOL, that is not a common sight around here.
brettsmomma
by Tammie on Jul. 7, 2013 at 11:07 PM

I wouldnt have even noticed you. If it happened to me I would have done same thing. 

Photo: -Randi.

loriec
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 11:36 PM

The first reaction is genuine,like what the heck? but I would also think you never know what is going on. So I would not give dirty looks I'd mind my business.

By the way I am sorry that this happened to you.  

JollyMommy84
by on Jul. 7, 2013 at 11:43 PM

I am sorry that happend to You,I would have done the same as You,if people gave me dirty looks I would give them some right back lol..

AliKatAK47
by Bronze Member on Jul. 7, 2013 at 11:57 PM
1 mom liked this

That happened to my friend on the way home from Dorney Park before. I wouldn't judge you. I peobebly would do the same thing. 

CjEmmemommy
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 8:48 AM

I probably would have done the same. Makes the most sense to et what you need! As far as seeing you, idk, I would think it was odd you didn't have a cover up but would assume it was swim day so nothing else would seem werid. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN