Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
I asked my boyfriend to make me sonething to eat because i am 5 weeks pregnant he said it was to hot to cook so i asked my pregnant friends boyfriend and i got them in a fight she says i was wrong to ask
by on Jul. 8, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Replies (41-50):
bzzybeemomof3
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:47 AM

My oldest is 11 and she knows, and when my kids are of age to do what they please, they will do what they please I wont care.

Its the same thing really, how to people who are gay tell their children? They just do. I have 3 kids, only my oldest has a different dad, but that was pryer to my now life style. My oldest knows I date woman as well. But I am a non believer of censorship/sheltering etc.....My kids know everything within reason to their learning capacity.

I get that a lot of ppl dont get my life style etc.....But its not like I just meet people and hook up, its long time friends who live the same life as me. I mean my bestfriend hubby and I are so super close, for other reasons then just that. We can hangout for hours and see movies go to diners drink together and play games, and talk about anything and everything, with no issues at all. We are just all really close.

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

To each their own, I just could never live like that.  I like a monogamous relationship, I was once called a "serial monogamist" lol.  And that's ok with me, I'm also a little "prude" but I'm good with that too ;)

How would you explain this to your child(ren)?  Would you want the same kind of "swinger" lifestyle for them?  I'm not trying to be rude, just honestly wondering.  As long as you're happy with it, that's what matters.

Quoting bzzybeemomof3:

Well I have no husband, I am single and no its not disrespectful at all. When you are friends you should be able to ask for anything from them no matter what, at least that is how all my friendships are. But then again, we are all swingers pretty much and share everything, but maybe thats were the difference lies within the friendships I have people. Lots of 18+ years on friendships and anything goes.

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

OT, but I would never ask another man to give me a back rub, never mind my friends man. That's really disrespectful to your friends and your husband, IMO.

Quoting bzzybeemomof3:

Ok, so I dont think its wrong to ask a friends man to make you something, imo. Cause I do it all the time, but how close you are with someone may make a huge difference.

But at 5 weeks, unless you suffer from HG and its really bad, like really bad you can make your own damn food. I am, but with that said, why wouldnt your own man make yu something anyways? Just saying, not that he has too but just cause you asked.

I ask my friends bf/hubbys to give me backrubs and it dont cause fights, lol but we are all really close. lol

TJandKarasMom
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:53 AM

I am pretty sure my parents are closer with a good friend of our family than they let on.  He was so close to us growing up and it took me like 25 years before I realized how 'weird' it was, lol.  To me, I just always had him around, he was like an extra dad.  He and my mom did and still do a lot together without my dad.  It's just how things work.  I think there is more than just a friendship there, though my parents (all 3 of them, lol) have never let on, but there are little things I notice as an adult.

My husband and I just can't have that kind of relationship, it's just who we are.  He doesn't even like it if I spend a lot of time with that guy friend who is like my extra dad.  I think he just feels bad if me and the kids are out having fun without him (whether it's with another guy or not, but especially with another guy).  I really don't have any guy friends, and DH doesn't have any girl friends.  We really don't have a lot of friends in general, lol. 

Have you had to deal with judgement from your kids friends parents?  No offense, but I'd have a hard time letting my kids (ages 10 and 11) hang around at a house where things are so open like that.  I am more on the sheltering side, I'm not against what you share with your kids, but there are some things I'm not ready for my kids to be exposed to, kwim?

(I hope none of this is offensive to you, I really am not judging you personally, I just wonder about the lifestyle in general, and other different lifestyles in general.  And sorry to OP that this is OT).

Quoting bzzybeemomof3:

My oldest is 11 and she knows, and when my kids are of age to do what they please, they will do what they please I wont care.

Its the same thing really, how to people who are gay tell their children? They just do. I have 3 kids, only my oldest has a different dad, but that was pryer to my now life style. My oldest knows I date woman as well. But I am a non believer of censorship/sheltering etc.....My kids know everything within reason to their learning capacity.

I get that a lot of ppl dont get my life style etc.....But its not like I just meet people and hook up, its long time friends who live the same life as me. I mean my bestfriend hubby and I are so super close, for other reasons then just that. We can hangout for hours and see movies go to diners drink together and play games, and talk about anything and everything, with no issues at all. We are just all really close.

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

To each their own, I just could never live like that.  I like a monogamous relationship, I was once called a "serial monogamist" lol.  And that's ok with me, I'm also a little "prude" but I'm good with that too ;)

How would you explain this to your child(ren)?  Would you want the same kind of "swinger" lifestyle for them?  I'm not trying to be rude, just honestly wondering.  As long as you're happy with it, that's what matters.

Quoting bzzybeemomof3:

Well I have no husband, I am single and no its not disrespectful at all. When you are friends you should be able to ask for anything from them no matter what, at least that is how all my friendships are. But then again, we are all swingers pretty much and share everything, but maybe thats were the difference lies within the friendships I have people. Lots of 18+ years on friendships and anything goes.

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

OT, but I would never ask another man to give me a back rub, never mind my friends man. That's really disrespectful to your friends and your husband, IMO.

Quoting bzzybeemomof3:

Ok, so I dont think its wrong to ask a friends man to make you something, imo. Cause I do it all the time, but how close you are with someone may make a huge difference.

But at 5 weeks, unless you suffer from HG and its really bad, like really bad you can make your own damn food. I am, but with that said, why wouldnt your own man make yu something anyways? Just saying, not that he has too but just cause you asked.

I ask my friends bf/hubbys to give me backrubs and it dont cause fights, lol but we are all really close. lol

bzzybeemomof3
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:01 AM

I am open with my kids, but not other peoples kids kwim? Some of my kids friends parents have known me for many years from things around the community. But its not something we flaunt really in front of the kids or out in public.

Its a side thing, kids are sleeping or kids are at Grammas etc......Sure we all hang out all the time, and my oldest knows a lot about it, but we dont like maul all over eachother or anything like that in front of company or the kids, since we all have kids. I am odd man out now cause I have been single for 5 yrs now. lol

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

I am pretty sure my parents are closer with a good friend of our family than they let on.  He was so close to us growing up and it took me like 25 years before I realized how 'weird' it was, lol.  To me, I just always had him around, he was like an extra dad.  He and my mom did and still do a lot together without my dad.  It's just how things work.  I think there is more than just a friendship there, though my parents (all 3 of them, lol) have never let on, but there are little things I notice as an adult.

My husband and I just can't have that kind of relationship, it's just who we are.  He doesn't even like it if I spend a lot of time with that guy friend who is like my extra dad.  I think he just feels bad if me and the kids are out having fun without him (whether it's with another guy or not, but especially with another guy).  I really don't have any guy friends, and DH doesn't have any girl friends.  We really don't have a lot of friends in general, lol. 

Have you had to deal with judgement from your kids friends parents?  No offense, but I'd have a hard time letting my kids (ages 10 and 11) hang around at a house where things are so open like that.  I am more on the sheltering side, I'm not against what you share with your kids, but there are some things I'm not ready for my kids to be exposed to, kwim?

(I hope none of this is offensive to you, I really am not judging you personally, I just wonder about the lifestyle in general, and other different lifestyles in general.  And sorry to OP that this is OT).

Quoting bzzybeemomof3:

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

Quoting bzzybeemomof3:

Quoting TJandKarasMom:

Quoting bzzybeemomof3:

notjstasocermom
by Samantha on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:11 AM

you were wrong to ask amyone. lazy much.

dreamarrow
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:46 AM
Why would anyone need to cook for you?? I never needed that kind of help when I was pregnant.
heather406
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Lord, really.  You're gonna be a mother...you better get used to not only doing shit for yourself, but for someone else.  24/7.  Every damn day.  Forever!  

Whovian82
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:59 PM

# 1...you are 5 weeks pregnant...You can make your own food

#2...you have psychotic friends who create drama for no reason. 

NewMamaBoo
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:18 AM

You're only 5 weeks? So u just found out?

LADYxGHOST
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 3:09 AM

OMG, yes! There where times in my early pregancy that I requested my dh to make me something becasue I was so sensative to smells and just seeing food would make me sick so i would ask him to get me something so I wouldn't have to. But to ask another woman's man? even if they did live with you, smh, yes you where wrong.  Unless by some chance the other pregnat ladies boyfriend was your father.

LADYxGHOST
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 3:11 AM

what you should also be asking was 'was my boyfriend wrong for not getting me something to eat"

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN