Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do you ever look at your house?

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 1:32 AM
  • 9 Replies

Just curious, do you ever look at your house and think, dang, this house would be really empty if the kids and I were to leave...? Is something wrong with me for thinking this? Am I subconsciously unhappy?

by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 1:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
KendallsMommee
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 1:43 AM
I can't say that I have.

But I'm extremely happy.

I wish you luck.
Whovian82
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 1:57 AM

like...leave your significant other? or move? i am confused'

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 3:28 AM

I am confused as well but there are times I think it would feel empty if our cat were to pass away since he is a big part of the family.  Any house is empty of its homeyness (sp) when most of the love is gone.

Em84
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:54 AM

Well, yes. Like if I were to pack up everything that belong to the kids and myself and move out. I think I just remember how empty this house was before I moved in with my oldest child. I can't help but wonder sometimes if my dh was happier when he had the house to hisself. I feel like I moved in and took over the house and he has no room for his things. Granted, we live in a small two bedroom house with two young girls. I think maybe it was my previous divorce, which was very hard, that makes me think these things sometimes. 

dingysfamily
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Our house did seem empty for awhile when the older married & started their own families.  It really seemed empty when the youngest went away to college, but then just when we got used to it, she came back home; she only stayed for the 1st semester ... the school really misrepresented itself and she didn't like it.  She didn't see any since in racking up student loans or accept the scholarship she'd gotten (when someone else could use it) when she didn't like the school & the dorm was so noisey she couldn't study.  Her roommate even moved out & lived at home after the first year; her home was only 20 minutes away actually.  Dh & I have never known a home without kids since when we married we had 4 kids between us and then went on to have one together that still is at home.  We both frequently look at our house and wonder what it'll be like if it's ever just us & the cats .... or what it would be like without the cats; that's hard to imagine!!

Mommy4-27-08
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:53 AM
I do because before I moved into my df's apartment, he was a bachelor and had very little stuff. He never painted and had no pictures or anything on the wall. He jad one small couch and a metal bedframe. It was so empty and now looking at it, it is so full! Lol. Most of it is stuff we got together or stuff we had seperately but it family heirloom type stuff, like my kids bunkbeds were his when he was a kid. His parents made them.

So yeah, in that way I do.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ScrChk23
by Amanda on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Same here.

Quoting Whovian82:

like...leave your significant other? or move? i am confused'

SnapIt
by Movin' on up on Jul. 9, 2013 at 12:02 PM
It felt empty while in there!
Lol

If there is nothing there from the heart, it will feel empty while sitting in it.
Em84
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 1:55 PM

This is exactly what I mean! He had nothing in this house before we moved in. A couch, a bed, and a tv was basically it. Nothing on the walls, no decorations, anything!

Quoting Mommy4-27-08:

I do because before I moved into my df's apartment, he was a bachelor and had very little stuff. He never painted and had no pictures or anything on the wall. He jad one small couch and a metal bedframe. It was so empty and now looking at it, it is so full! Lol. Most of it is stuff we got together or stuff we had seperately but it family heirloom type stuff, like my kids bunkbeds were his when he was a kid. His parents made them.

So yeah, in that way I do.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN