Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

frustrated:(

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 6:29 PM
  • 8 Replies
A month ago my husbands friend call him and tells him that the people that he's staying with are going to be moving and that will cause him to have no place to live. Without even really discussing it with me first my husband tells his friend that he can move in with us! We have 3 kids. My husband and his friend play games all the time. His friend won't make himself anything to eat or pick up after himself. Literally all my husbands friend does Is play games and tells my kids what to do! This is not his house!! They go out and do things together and leave me and the kids home. They don't even offer to let us all go. I get so mad that I yell at my husband. I am seriously thinking of asking them both to leave and being a single mom. I have had enough. My husband and his friend are both 28 and are fully capable ot being self reliant. Seriously his friend will sit there and starve until I make dinner and will not come and get a plate of food...I have to take it to him. I am so sick of this crap. What would you ladies do?
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 6:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
KendallsMommee
by Bronze Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Throw them both out.
YllaSurtson
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 6:35 PM
Sounds like you have 5 kids instead of 3. Sit down with your husband and tell him your concerns. If he doesn't do anything, don't feed him or his friend only cook enough for you and your little ones. Let his clothes pile up. And tell him if he wants to live the single life that he and his friend should get a place together by themselves.
Shortyrose
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 6:38 PM
I would have a serious talk with your husband, it cant go on like that, explain to him how serious and stressful this situation is for u. Not sure how old your kids are but how about you just call up a friend and go out. Surprise ur husband and declare you are going out .
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:25 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 6:40 PM

Big hugs to you hon,
I like the idea of you asking both to leave.
Stop making a meals for your DH's friend
He is old enough to fend for himself.
Good luck & let us knowwhat happens ;)

babymamalover84
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 6:55 PM
I have been making small meals for my children and myself... his friend will literally starve...I have a 5 year old boy who is autistic, a 2 year old girl and an 18 month old girl...so they are really little... I wouldn't mind it if his friend would fend for himself and pick up after himself but he's so lazy...I can't stand lazy people... thank you for all the replies...I would much rather throw them out and struggle and possibly lose our home then deal with this anymore...
kmLacey
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 7:01 PM
Sounds like you have your hands fuller than they should be! You have enough on your plate with three small children, you don't need two 28 year old "children" to tend to as well. I am sorry you have to deal with that and that your husband made such a big decision without even consulting you. Have you expressed all of this to your husband? Or both of them? Don't enable their behavior anymore. Take careof youyourself and your little ones and let them fend for themselves. (Like any normal 28 year old SHOULD be doing!)
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 7:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Argh.  I would sit them down and have a serious discussion of responsibilities of all the adults in the household.  Any guests need to contribute in a positive way towards household.  They need a job or be looking for one so they can stand on their own feet.

babymamalover84
by Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 7:13 PM
My dh works...his friend gets disability for an eye condition...but he's on a computer all day...I don't believe he has eye issues...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)