Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Help!!

Posted by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 7:10 PM
  • 13 Replies

We've lived here for two years now and we're moving out next month. The kids' bathroom toilet it revolting. They seriously never remember to flush and I only go in there to clean so the toilet has like permanent stains in it and it looks disgusting. I really really want to get it clean before we move out. It's so embarrassing! I've tried floating the magic erasers, I've tried bleach...I've even scrubbed it with my hands and bleach and the magic eraser at the same time! lol Any other suggestions?!?!

by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 7:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:22 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 7:25 PM

Let the bleach sit awhile?
Have you tried the actual scrubbing with bleach?
Hopefully others have more ideas for you :)

manamott
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:44 PM
Yeah I've let the bleach sit overnight and scrubbed after...nothing lol

Quoting hugss:

hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:22 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:45 PM

Bummer :(
Now what?

Quoting manamott:

Yeah I've let the bleach sit overnight and scrubbed after...nothing lol

Quoting hugss:

ffpm10
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 9:45 PM
New toilet
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Jul. 14, 2013 at 10:48 AM

The staining may be etched in the porcelain of the bowl, in which case, all you can really do is replace it. Before that, though, you might try a mild abrasive like baking soda, with vinegar, to try to loosen up the stains. You can also check out this article I found for more tips: http://tlc.howstuffworks.com/home/how-to-clean-toilet-stains.htm

cornillia2013
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 6:42 PM
Have u tried kaboom? I think that's the name...comes in a purple spray bottle.....it says it cleans the toughest stains...it works. Ur suppose to let it sit for a little while.

Quoting manamott:

We've lived here for two years now and we're moving out next month. The kids' bathroom toilet it revolting. They seriously never remember to flush and I only go in there to clean so the toilet has like permanent stains in it and it looks disgusting. I really really want to get it clean before we move out. It's so embarrassing! I've tried floating the magic erasers, I've tried bleach...I've even scrubbed it with my hands and bleach and the magic eraser at the same time! lol Any other suggestions?!?!

NDADanceMom
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 6:53 PM

all I can think of is "why the hell would you have your family in a house that is so filthy?"  Ive never seen that since college in the boys dorms.

manamott
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:10 PM
My house is not filthy. One of the three toilets is stained. That's it. Thanks for your help though!

Quoting NDADanceMom:

all I can think of is "why the hell would you have your family in a house that is so filthy?"  Ive never seen that since college in the boys dorms.

manamott
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:10 PM
Thanks ladies!
wickedfiress
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:11 PM
CLR cleaner
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN