Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

HELP! chickin pox?.*update on gwen

Posted by   + Show Post

*update!!! great news!!its not chicken pox!!!!  Bad knews....its a staff infection made worse from heat and her running and itching it. they gave us liquid antibiotics and a night cream to put on it.  and i have to clean everything!! its not highly contagius but it can be trasfered to an open wound.

My poor 2 year old gwen a few days ago got a couple bumps. i thought they were bug bites so i didnt think anything of it. THen that night we had ar eally HOT night so i thought hteat rash. well TOday its even worse!!!!  She has a appt. for 915 in the morning but i wish i could help her now!  im using bactine and that helps her. Iv also giving her oat meal baths which help but she is "neat freak"  so getting it on her bothered her so badly.  I have no idea what it is.  and im worried my 7 week old will get it!!  Im using same laundry soap same body soap no lotions.  and its spreading across her chest and back. and its starting on her fingers and knees!!

THey are redder and bigger then they look inthe pictures.

CafeMom Tickers

by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 10:15 PM
Replies (21-30):
happymommy1105
by Platinum Member on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:32 PM

then she prolly doesn't have kawasaki.  but if she spikes a high fever- like 103 and above- i would run to the ER and have them do something.  

kawasaki is treated and dx by an infectious disease doctor but it is not conatigous.  

i hate that she is not feeling well and you have no answers though- that is the scariest place to be as a mommy!

Quoting KittyTussand:

She is way more sleepy then usual. Actually taking naps. Grouchy. Very slight fever. Not eating much. But all this could be from summer heat to. Oh how I wish it was tomarrow. Her appt cant come soon enough.

Quoting happymommy1105:

does she have any other symptoms?  

my older son had kawasaki disease- which was just horrible.  

Momforhealth
by on Jul. 9, 2013 at 11:33 PM
Poor little one. I say chicken pox. I hope she feels better soon.
Whovian82
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:30 AM

I am not so sure about chicken pox as children are now vaccinated for it.  I say allergic reaction to something she came in contact with orrrrrr if she is ever around other kids...Hand Foot and Mouth disease looks identicle to that and is very contagious and usually spreads around this time of year within kids under 5.  Either way, my daughter suffers form exzema so hydrocortison and polysporin combo work wonders for skin conditions. Also prevent infection and rash spreading.  they are cheap OTCs. Hand foot and mouth affects the body as well...this looks so much like it it's crazy. there is no cure, it's common, comes with a fever and a tired kid.  You just have to power through it. (obviously always check w/ your pediatrician however I am willing to bet that is what is going on)

solen
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:40 AM

Quoting KittyTussand:

I will be sure to ask them to rule it out along with any other suggestions moms reply with. I hope it dosent spread to my son!!!!

Quoting solen:

It could be something called henoch scholien purpura HSP

it looks very similar to what my son presented with when he had it 

just ask the dr when u see him/her to rule it out or confirm it

it tends to "grow" looking like a rash

HSP is not contagious 

mild fever lack of appetite swollen joints all ssymptoms

other moms posted bad pain my son had some arthritis (which went away)

biggest thing is to get correct diagnosis so you can treat ssymptoms I hope whatever it is she is ook poor thing and poor you!

i know how hard it is as a mom!

keep us posted

hope she and you can sleep well tonight

Whovian82
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:56 AM

Hand Foot and Mouth disease...

Basherte
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 7:43 AM

Looks like either an allergic reaction to something or bug bites

CafeMom Tickers
Basherte
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 7:45 AM

Quoting sam12796:

Chicken pox would look like pimples with a clear head on them.

Only if they were ready to pop. Otherwise they look like little red bumps and are itchy as hell. I had them, when I was young. 

CafeMom Tickers
sam12796
by Sandy on Jul. 10, 2013 at 7:47 AM

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting sam12796:

Only if they were ready to pop. Otherwise they look like little red bumps and are itchy as hell. I had them, when I was young. 

Mine didn't I had mine when I was 17 and DH didn't get them until he was 28 and I don't recall them looking at all like this pic. They looked different but maybe on a baby then just look smaller.

Basherte
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:04 AM

I was between 7 and 10 years old. I don't really remember. All I remember is what they looked like on me, and the terrible itching and getting to stay home from school.

Quoting sam12796:

Quoting Basherte:

Quoting sam12796:

Mine didn't I had mine when I was 17 and DH didn't get them until he was 28 and I don't recall them looking at all like this pic. They looked different but maybe on a baby then just look smaller.

CafeMom Tickers
TrouserMouse
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:45 AM
It looks like a really bad case of scabies.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)