Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Do any other moms do this?

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 7:46 AM
  • 7 Replies

Hey everyone! Just found this while searching an issue I was having with my child.  My 6 year old daughter loves to watch disney Jr and likes to follow along with the show, like then they ask the camera things to help them solve a puzzle or whatever.

Today, there was an advertisement to send a picture into them of your child dressed as a princess. My daughter asked me if she could do that. When she gets excited over the disney channel or wants to interact with the show thats on, I cry and I just cant stop crying. It just breaks my heart and Im not really sure why. Do any other moms feel this? I dont know what the problem is really but I get so brokenhearted. 

Thanks guys so much

by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 7:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
Pnukey
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:34 AM

Sorry, no. I never got upset when my kids enjoyed the shows they watched.

emmy526
by Emmy on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:36 AM

what are you broken hearted about?  

kaseyrenee264
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 8:38 AM

That sounded a little sarcastic, or thats how I read it and Im not upset she enjoys the shows. Its my defect, and it has nothing to do with her enjoying a show, it just makes me sad to see her interacting along with them. If I took your reply wrong, I am very sorry, I just thought maybe other mothers maybe watched their kids and cried so I knew I wasnt alone. 

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 10:56 AM

Have you recently had a loss, or are you pregnant? Emotions like that could be from a lot of different things. Have you talked to your Doctor about the crying? You could also be in depression.

Good Luck!

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat
with us Every Tuesday!

crwspringer
by Platinum Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:02 AM
I find if upsetting when the tv says "jump" and dd will ask "how high", yet when I say go make your bed I get "I'm tired".
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:26 AM

are you sure you are sad, or are these tears of happiness? I often cry when I see my kids doing something they enjoy, a child's excitement and pure happiness does tug at the heartstrings, especially because YOU know that that kind of unadulterated joy will not least forever...or maybe your sadness comes from you missing that kind of feelings in your life...anyway, you are not alone

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:55 PM

I would personally try to figure out why i am crying about her interacting with a show since that is the shows intention - for the audience to interact.  If you are worried she does not see enough children, try to go to a park or library for human one on one interaction.   I have cried about certain things in dd's life but this is one area we celebrated since dd has had delays in parts of her life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN