Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Is 32 too young for a mid-life crisis??

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:24 AM
  • 11 Replies
I feel like I should have my life on a set track at this point, but all I come up with is indecisions. Do I keep going with my home business....focus more on keeping up with the fam....find my personal style...try to make friends....
My life has been in limbo so long im not sure I know which path to take. Is this normal or am I just short of crazy??
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 11:24 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Khanfan
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Welcome to CM. I like you picture.  Nice glasses.

You are not crazy.  This is life.  Life is crazy.  I don't know about your home business, but if that is alowing you to be at home with your children keep at it. 

Workin' outside of the home can end up costing more between taxes ,babysiters (who cannot love your children like you will want).  Gas, car maitanance and eating.  Then there are the clothes and shoes you have to buy.  I graduated HS and had my son the next month.  I've tried working and it never paid enough.  Best wishes to you.

Grumpylilpixy
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Hun, I am 34 and I went through that as well. I decided to go extend my education and work on myself. It is something that comes with 30. Even my brother who is about to turn 30 is already starting to see it and making changes.  I think maybe we see how much of our 20's that we kinda just partied away or let pass by not thinking much about it.And at 30 we see that hey, that flew by quickly and here I am 30 and soon it will be 40.. (OMGOSH! There isn't enough time) LOL

Figure out what is important to you and build from there. Welcome to your 30's mama. It is nothing but fun from here.

autiovisual
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:40 PM

hell no. I had mine at 30.going crazy

jhslove
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:43 PM

No, I think this is totally normal. I'm 32, too, and after spending years 18-29 in a given, set career path, all of a sudden I'm realizing that what I've been doing is not necessarily what I WANT to do. So now, at the age of 32, I'm trying to figure out "what I want to be when I grow up".   :)

hugss
Take some *Time Out for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Today at 12:43 AM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Ruby Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 2:48 PM

Welcome to CafeMom,
It's all about a comfortable balancing act.
Good luck :)

Marimaru
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 3:21 PM

Well, start by picking one of those questions and answering it.  Do you want to continue your home business?  Is there a reason you shouldn't?  

One step at a time :).

mnmominpa
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 6:37 PM
My business isnt bringing in a whole lot of income lately and I guess im feeling guilty for the hours im dedicating to it. It does feel like time is just flying by and I do see that its been about everyone else for the last 10 years. Glad to see its normal.
Uniquecoolio
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 6:57 PM
Not at all too early! I decided on a major career change at 35 and went back to school for (another) masters degree. Best move ever!
0Kit0
by Bronze Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 7:45 PM
Nope. Me too! Try looking at how you want your life to look and do the things that fit into it.
MentorMom1
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 7:59 PM

To quote John Lennon' song, "Beautiful Boy, "  "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Chances are you are smart and talented. You need smart friends to keep your brain from turning into a slurpy. So feed your brain while meeting your family's needs. Children are too soon grown. Parents never say when they are old and dying, "Gee, I wish I spent more time working."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)