Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Dress Codes?

Posted by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:50 PM
  • 14 Replies

My daughter has to wear polo shirts or button up collared shirts. They can wear stuff over them to dress them up. Ideas? I am not very good with fashion so I am looking for some cute ideas to make the polo shirt look cuter. I know a long sleave shirt under polo would be cute. Any other ideas?

by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 12:59 PM

How old is she? Why do you have to "cute"a polo up for school?  I personally do not like layering long sleeves under polos.   Can she wear scarves around her neck?  

Mother.May.I.
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 1:02 PM

She is 11 and going into the 6th grade. She just doesnt want to wear the same thing everyday. All the other girls layer and do cute things with their shirts. She can wear a scarf but that would only make sense for a couple months living here in the south. 

Quoting frndlyfn:

How old is she? Why do you have to "cute"a polo up for school?  I personally do not like layering long sleeves under polos.   Can she wear scarves around her neck?  

SolarDiamond
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:22 AM

Ask her what the other girls are doing with their shirts, and if she likes any of them then copy that.

I would suggest a dress over it, but I'm not sure if dresses are popular anymore, lol. My daughter's only seven so I can still get away with dresses.

KendallsMommee
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:31 AM
I don't know.

DD has to wear white polo's too but she can only wear a navy blue sweater, if anything, over it.

I think that's the whole point in wearing uniforms. So everyone will be....well, uniform.
Mother.May.I.
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:58 AM

I know that is what I thought too. A friend of mine daughter is in a grade higher and says everyone wears stuff over them. Even hoodies.. 

Quoting KendallsMommee:

I don't know.

DD has to wear white polo's too but she can only wear a navy blue sweater, if anything, over it.

I think that's the whole point in wearing uniforms. So everyone will be....well, uniform.

KendallsMommee
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:02 AM
Yeah, dd is in elementary school and that is not allowed here.

Quoting Mother.May.I.:

I know that is what I thought too. A friend of mine daughter is in a grade higher and says everyone wears stuff over them. Even hoodies.. 

Quoting KendallsMommee:

I don't know.

Cherish77
by Cherish on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:22 AM

So happy my kids don't have uniforms, more trouble than solution imo.

Mother.May.I.
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:26 AM

This isn't even a uniform really. They can wear jeans or skirts, or even shorts. They just have to have a polo or button up collared shirt or a school t-shirt. The polos can even have graphics. 

Quoting Cherish77:

Cherish77
by Cherish on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:30 AM

hmm weird,

off topic, is that your dog?  he is cute,

Quoting Mother.May.I.:

This isn't even a uniform really. They can wear jeans or skirts, or even shorts. They just have to have a polo or button up collared shirt or a school t-shirt. The polos can even have graphics. 

Quoting Cherish77:

Mother.May.I.
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 1:32 AM

No i totally wish it was though! I love huskies.

Quoting Cherish77:

hmm weird,

off topic, is that your dog?  he is cute,

Quoting Mother.May.I.:

Quoting Cherish77:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)