Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I regret having to use it on my bf, but was I right to?

Posted by   + Show Post

I'm 23 yrs. old and have been dating this guy for about 4 mos. now. At first he seemed open and supportive, but as of late it's gotten progressively worse. I happen to take taekwondo, and have for about 7 mos now. He hadn't been threatening to me in any way before. That's why what happened last night is so surprising. We got into an argument, about job/finances-mostly me pushing him to make more of an effort. He got very rude with me, and it got to the point where I wanted to leave the room, just try the discussion another time. He grabbed my arm at the wrist as I was walking away. Then I used a serious tone telling him "NOT to do that!" He mocked me (as he's aware of my taking taekwondo) saying "Oh, what are you going to do, use your little strip mall dojo crap?" Ooookay, now I see! I simply faced him, assessing where it would go from there. I simply told him not to go there. He responds with a sneer and "We'll see about that!" and flung back his right hand to slap my face. I reacted exactly as we've practiced in class so many times, ducking under his hand. He missed, and his momentum threw him sort off of balance. When I came up, I took 1 step back, and with my left leg, maximum flexibility (since he's 7 inches taller), used a crescent kick (where you kick in a motion-inside out in a circular motion) on him, nailed the side of his face. He stumbled back about 2 steps but didn't go down. Instead he yelled "Why you bit**!" at me and flung his arm out for another slap attempt. It was easy to see though, and without thinking I used another crescent kick on him, this time with my right leg, nailed him good on the other side of his face. He went down. I used that moment to grab my handbag and leave, I didn't bother to grab anything else. I haven't called any mutual acquaintances yet, so I don't know what he's said or done since last night. I'm staying with a friend right now. I had no hint something like this would happen. I just reacted the way I was trained in class, and it worked. I wonder if it was too much though. Thoughts? Advice? Thanks.

by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 2:12 PM
Replies (11-20):
lesalmi
by Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Girl... you... are... AWESOME!!

Shit no you arent wrong!! If he was going to hurt you, by all means beat the fuckers ass!!

allisontd
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 4:22 PM

My plan is just to stay here for a few days while looking for a new place. I'm going to go back on 1 of his days off and grab the rest of my belongings, and just hope that's the end of it.

allisontd
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 4:23 PM

Lol, well thanks!

Tammywhynot
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 4:28 PM
well done babes xx

Quoting allisontd:

I'm 23 yrs. old and have been dating this guy for about 4 mos. now. At first he seemed open and supportive, but as of late it's gotten progressively worse. I happen to take taekwondo, and have for about 7 mos now. He hadn't been threatening to me in any way before. That's why what happened last night is so surprising. We got into an argument, about job/finances-mostly me pushing him to make more of an effort. He got very rude with me, and it got to the point where I wanted to leave the room, just try the discussion another time. He grabbed my arm at the wrist as I was walking away. Then I used a serious tone telling him "NOT to do that!" He mocked me (as he's aware of my taking taekwondo) saying "Oh, what are you going to do, use your little strip mall dojo crap?" Ooookay, now I see! I simply faced him, assessing where it would go from there. I simply told him not to go there. He responds with a sneer and "We'll see about that!" and flung back his right hand to slap my face. I reacted exactly as we've practiced in class so many times, ducking under his hand. He missed, and his momentum threw him sort off of balance. When I came up, I took 1 step back, and with my left leg, maximum flexibility (since he's 7 inches taller), used a crescent kick (where you kick in a motion-inside out in a circular motion) on him, nailed the side of his face. He stumbled back about 2 steps but didn't go down. Instead he yelled "Why you bit**!" at me and flung his arm out for another slap attempt. It was easy to see though, and without thinking I used another crescent kick on him, this time with my right leg, nailed him good on the other side of his face. He went down. I used that moment to grab my handbag and leave, I didn't bother to grab anything else. I haven't called any mutual acquaintances yet, so I don't know what he's said or done since last night. I'm staying with a friend right now. I had no hint something like this would happen. I just reacted the way I was trained in class, and it worked. I wonder if it was too much though. Thoughts? Advice? Thanks.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 4:28 PM

I want to say Way to go to protect yourself against someone who clearly meant you harm.   More people need to use their training like this.   I think you gave him sufficient warning and you did try to leave the room.  He is the one who escalated the argument into physical contact.

rhiannonaisling
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 4:32 PM

Good job.

KimmieLu
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 4:42 PM
You must be stupidly flexible to reach the head of someone six inches taller than you with a cresent kick.. I'm a black belt, and I would have just went with a knee after ducking lol.. way to leave him with a lasting memory!
cLanief
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 4:47 PM
Like someone else mentioned. Id make a report just incase. I see nothing wrong with self defense. I woulda just kicked him in the balls but that's me and I have short legs... lmfao
allisontd
by on Jul. 10, 2013 at 4:48 PM

Thanks Kimmie, really. I actually was a cheerleader for a few years not so long ago, so the flexibility part is pretty natural. But all the support is letting me know it was the right thing to do, and I appreciate that.

DSamuels
by Silver Member on Jul. 10, 2013 at 5:57 PM

Good for you!!!

I would also file a police report and take someone, maybe even a cop with you when you go to get the rest of your belongings.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN