Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

To moms of more than one, are your children the same complexion?

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:01 AM
  • 80 Replies

Sounds like a crazy question I know, however I am curious. My DH is Puerto Rican and I'm caucasian. We have a 2 y/o DD and a baby on the way. DH has black hair and brown eyes and I have brown hair with green eyes, they were blue when I was a kid. DD is my complexion with blue eyes. We are interested to see what the baby's complexion comes to be when he is born. We will be happy with whatever color skin, hair or eyes he has. Anyone have children that aren't the same complexion?

CafeMom Tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
codfish
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:04 AM
Our boys have my fair skin and dh blue eyes. Our oldest daughter has my dad's olive skin, dark hair, and brown eyes. Our youngest has my dh light (not quite olive) tone and blue eyes. Oh and our oldest (with olive skin) looked like a Hawaiian tropics baby the first few weeks.
manamott
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:06 AM
My first child has my complexion. White as can be. My second had her dads Mexican families complexion. He's only half hispanic and just kinda looks tan all the time but dd is very dark in the summer with dark hair and dark eyes.
kristen0812
by New Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:06 AM
My first daughter has dark hair, dark eyes, darker complexion and very hairy (I'm Italian). My second daughter has blonde hair, blue eyes and a lighter complexion (dads Irish). It's crazy because they have almost the same features but everything else is so different.
1st_time_mom789
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:07 AM

I get jealous of DD during the summer. She gets a dark tan to where she can match her daddy's complexion, yet if I try that, I get burned lol

Quoting manamott:

My first child has my complexion. White as can be. My second had her dads Mexican families complexion. He's only half hispanic and just kinda looks tan all the time but dd is very dark in the summer with dark hair and dark eyes.

NDADanceMom
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:07 AM
I have one with olive skin, dark brown hair and brown eyes. I have another with pale skin, blue eyes and blonde hair. Full blood siblings.
1st_time_mom789
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:09 AM

This is what I'm wondering with my kids. Will they look like complete opposites even though they are full blood siblings? I won't get my answer for another four months but I'm very interested. DH has fraternal twin cousins and one is darker than the other. 

Quoting NDADanceMom:

I have one with olive skin, dark brown hair and brown eyes. I have another with pale skin, blue eyes and blonde hair. Full blood siblings.

NESmith63
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Yea. My husband is Irish (pale) and although I am Sicilian I look more Irish.....so pale. Both our kids are pale as well and they have blue eyes. My son has very blonde hair and my daughter has strawberry blonde.

My sisters and I all look very different. My oldest sister more tan skin and in the summer she tans amazingly. I can barely tan at all. My younger sister is more pale then me and my youngest sister is more tan. We all have different color hair (red, blonde, brown, dirty blonde) and different color eyes (brown, blue, and hazel).
jemmyeve
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:13 AM

Mobile Photo

my kids are mixed race, both have the same dad and let me tell you, one is dark, the other is white.

I always get asked if they re both mine
JessicaR7
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:14 AM
My daughter is 1/4 Peruvian, 1/4 Italian, and the rest is basically a Caucasian mutt mixture of what is me. She has beautiful skin and caramel brown eyes. My son has very pale with blue eyes. There are genetic differences in my kids and they have different personalities. Honestly, the differences...skin tone, hair and eye color don't make a difference to me.
reesesami
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:14 AM
I have three half siblings. My mom is white and my stepdad is Hispanic. Two of those three siblings had white blonde hair as children but their hair is more dirty blonde now. Those two also have pale skin and freckles. All three of them have the most beautiful blue eyes. My one brother has blue eyes, dark hair, and olive skin. He's gorgeous.

As far as my stepdad can trace back in his family history, he cannot find anyone with those recessive phenotypes, but they must have existed at some point. My sister likes to identify as Mexican and she's the most opposite from looking Mexican as she can be, but she's half Mexican all right.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)