Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My boobs are REDICULOUS! *WARNING! boob pic*

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:05 AM
  • 23 Replies
I will post a pic in replies.

Anyways my baby ( 5 mo...6 mo on the 27th) has decided about a month ago he doesn't want anything to do with my left boob. That side has always been a problem...the milk doesn't come out fast enough.

I ended up getting mastisis on that side. I've tried everything from pumping ( which produces barley anything) starting on my good side for a few minutes and then switching and so on. Idk what else to do.

He does nurse on the bad side once every night ( he is too sleepy to put up a fight) and this morning after kicking and screaming for a couple minutes he gave in and nursed for about 5 min. Is that what I have to do? Upset him? Force him?

I feel mean. But I don't want to look like a freak or get an infection again! Any suggestions?

by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:05 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:07 AM

mone96
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:09 AM
1 mom liked this
Take a hot steamy shower it will help open it up try after that. Also you might have an inverted nipple which causes it very hard for baby to feed make sure your not using nipple cream or a nipple cover
wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:12 AM
My nipple is huge...lol. Its the let down. He has to work harder.

Quoting mone96:

Take a hot steamy shower it will help open it up try after that. Also you might have an inverted nipple which causes it very hard for baby to feed make sure your not using nipple cream or a nipple cover

Dragon.Momma86
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:14 AM
damn one Boob is sooo much bigger :-( you said you've pumped ..
mone96
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:18 AM
Have you talked to a lection nurse if you call the hospital you can talk to one they always have the anwser it could also be how he is being held have you tried the football position?

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

Quoting mone96:

GirlieGal76
by Bronze Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:37 AM

Could your little one have an ear infection? My son had one when he was a few months old and every time I would try to feed him with that bad ear down, he wouldn't eat. It's like it put too much pressure on the already hurting ear so he just wouldn't eat even though I knew he was hungry.

I hope you find some kind of relief though. Wowza! :)

Bres_Mommy_11
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 11:44 AM

Mine are the same way, just a smaller size. But my left side is twice the size of my right haha. But I could never nurse :( So I don't know what that's all about!

GaleJ
by Silver Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:05 PM

I think that the situation justifies you upsetting him a bit and somewhat forcing the issue. I would suggest that you offer that side first, that you be rather stubborn about it, and let the fuss run its course for a couple of minutes each time if necessary so that he'll nurse on that side. Keep it up for a few days and see if that makes a difference in his willingness to nurse on that side and if it helps even things out a bit for you. Good luck!

MusherMaggie
by Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:24 PM
Most women have a side that produces more than the other--it's like being right or left handed. Even when not lactating, one side is slightly larger than the other. One copyright is slightly larger than the other, too.
wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 12:54 PM
Yep...he prefers the football position. The kid is huge though! Lol. He is 19 lbs already and tall. Idk how much longer I can put him.that way. His Boppy is flat now....lol.

Quoting mone96:

Have you talked to a lection nurse if you call the hospital you can talk to one they always have the anwser it could also be how he is being held have you tried the football position?

Quoting wonderwomanT08:

Quoting mone96:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)