Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How Long Could You Wait?

Posted by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:11 PM
  • 16 Replies
Every pregnancy thus far I haven't waited at all to announce it. It was common knowledge before I was even 4 weeks.

This time (I'm still waiting to test so "this time" might not be just yet... but I have a feeling) I really want to wait. Not just the standard 12 weeks, either. If I could manage I would prefer to know the gender already before we spill to our families. We have four boys and I think it would be nice to know before we get asked 1,000 times. It would also help to have a name, something concrete for everyone to get attached to and be excited about, since not everyone agrees that trying for another was a fantastic idea. I seriously doubt it's even POSSIBLE to wait that long but that's the idea.

How long did you put off telling?
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:13 PM

We told about 8 weeks or so , it could have been closer to 12 weeks.  We just let people know as needed each development.

CjEmmemommy
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:17 PM
I have never waited for the test to dry but if we have another I would wait:) I thinkbit would be fun to keep it a secret. If we are pregnant I would be 14 ish weeks on halloween so I thought about wearing a costume of some kind to annouce that day.
You could as well unless you want to wait till gender, that will be a bit longer. We Don't find out till birth ao I can't wait that long lol
crwspringer
by Platinum Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:18 PM
We told at 16 weeks... I think I even waited a week or two more to tell work. My clothes were too tight to not buy new ones.
For the record, I am tall and slightly overweight so I didn't really show till I got past the 6 month mark.... I blew up from there :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Imjustinsmommy
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:22 PM

ds1 waited til 9  wks  

ds2 right away LOL

littlesheep
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:30 PM
I am 5'3" and 100lbs so I would have to buy new clothes and really try to keep it secret to get to 16-20 weeks.

Quoting crwspringer:

We told at 16 weeks... I think I even waited a week or two more to tell work. My clothes were too tight to not buy new ones.

For the record, I am tall and slightly overweight so I didn't really show till I got past the 6 month mark.... I blew up from there :-)

littlesheep
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:32 PM
That would be cute! I would be 18 weeks on Halloween if I am already pregnant now. We might know by then. :)

Quoting CjEmmemommy:

I have never waited for the test to dry but if we have another I would wait:) I thinkbit would be fun to keep it a secret. If we are pregnant I would be 14 ish weeks on halloween so I thought about wearing a costume of some kind to annouce that day.

You could as well unless you want to wait till gender, that will be a bit longer. We Don't find out till birth ao I can't wait that long lol

Nerys-Kianna
by Gold Member on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:39 PM

DS1, I was 6 weeks along and told DH, he left a week later for his next duty station.
DS2, 7 weeks
DS3: 14 weeks

KendallsMommee
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 1:32 AM
I told my Mom as soon as I found out at 6 weeks.

She, in turn, told everybody.

And I mean everybody.

LOL.
coupon_ash_back
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 1:34 AM
34 weeks. Trust me there are reasons, I probably would not of said anything at all if I didn't feel obligated.
alexis_06
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 1:38 AM

my mom asked ME if i was pregnant at 5 weeks..she pretty much was the one that told my family...my best friend knew 2 minutes after i found out

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN