Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
Every pregnancy thus far I haven't waited at all to announce it. It was common knowledge before I was even 4 weeks.

This time (I'm still waiting to test so "this time" might not be just yet... but I have a feeling) I really want to wait. Not just the standard 12 weeks, either. If I could manage I would prefer to know the gender already before we spill to our families. We have four boys and I think it would be nice to know before we get asked 1,000 times. It would also help to have a name, something concrete for everyone to get attached to and be excited about, since not everyone agrees that trying for another was a fantastic idea. I seriously doubt it's even POSSIBLE to wait that long but that's the idea.

How long did you put off telling?
by on Jul. 11, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Replies (11-16):
jojo_star
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 3:39 AM

I'll be 11 weeks tomorrow, and until yesterday, only my husband, my best friend, and his boyfriend knew. My children found out by accident, because I ended up in the hospital due to severe symptoms. I did not plan on telling them until at least 12 weeks, if not longer. I still don't want to share the news with anyone else. 

schultzal
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 3:41 AM
I was about 18 weeks before I really told anyone. No particular reason, just didn't.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
allornone
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 3:43 AM

My parents knew and close family knew when I found out at 8 weeks. The rest of my family and friends found out at 20+ weeks. 

kellybean44
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:14 AM

With my first I was about 7 weeks along. With my twins I was 10 days along.

Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:16 AM

yeah i suck at waiting.

Beebella
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:21 AM
I was 14 weeks along when I told our families. I don't think it's a good idea to tell people so early because you never know what can happen. My friend told everyone and even announced it on facebook when she was only 7 weeks along and she ended up having a miscarriage a few days later. Then she had to tell everyone she lost the baby because people kept asking her how she's doing and how the pregnancy is going. That was torture for her. I would wait until im past the first trimester and things are in the clear.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN