Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

New Here - Mother of 3 under 3!

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi, I'm Erin, I'm a 25 year old mother living in Florida after a recent relocation from the UK. My husband Ben and I have been married for 5 years and together we are parents to Charlie (age 2.5), Ruby (15 months) and Ivy (3 months). We are blessed to have wonderful children all very close in age. 

Having delivered Ivy and her twin sister Emilie 7 weeks early, we spent a lot of time in NICU with our girls. Sadly after a huge battle, we lost Emilie Violet when she was just a week old. Ivy made it home from NICU on Mother's Day which was wonderful. 

More recently our world was turned upside down when Ruby was diagnosed with leukemia on July 2, 2013. It has been a difficult time since then, though we are slowly beginning to accept her diagnosis.

I look forward to talking to you all and possibly finding someone who has a similar life to mine!

- Erin

by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 2:28 PM
Replies (11-20):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:10 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Emerald Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 12:27 PM

Welcome to the group Erin,
So sorry on your loss.
Will keep you all in my prayers.

vetNmommy
by Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 12:30 PM

I am so sorry for your loss! I am also sorry about the diagnosis.  

I had my chidren really close also.  My oldest was 15 months old when I had the twins (11 weeks early)

They are 7, and almost 6 now and it is getting easier!

ashley9603
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 12:33 PM

Hi Erin,I have three kids,however one is 9 and my twins are 2.Im sorry about your Emilie.We had out twins almost 3 months early.I know how hard and stressful the nicu can be.I am also sorry about your little one being diagnosed with leukemia...prayers.

Ifunanya
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 12:45 PM
I did'nt know much about postpartum when I had my first baby so we tried sex a week after..it hurt a lot so we did'nt try again for a while..we waited a month with my second...

Quoting msmabern:

Ladies I am from another country RSA with its own believes,your kids are so close in age range.my question: how long does it take you to resume sex after giving birth.I tried after 12 weeks but I am labeled a killer

Quoting Ifunanya:

Will be praying for your little girl..my first child is 2y5m and the second is 15mths..our third baby is due next month..so I guess we have something in common..welcome..

ERMDK
by Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 5:56 PM
Right now, I'm just so tired, and being tired makes me irritable, but most days are okay. I assume it gets better. I haven't counted days, but my kids are all 19.5 months apart.
My sister had ALL, diagnosed when she was 37. She had a stem cell transplant (I was her donor, a perfect match - we were very lucky) and is now cancer free, though she still takes lots of meds and sees her doctors every month. Unfortunately, we lost an uncle to MLL in 2006.

Quoting MumErin:

Thank you.

How do you find having children so close in age? There's 14 months, 26 days between Charlie and Ruby, and 12 months, 3 days between Ruby and Ivy. It has its difficult moments without a doubt, but we manage ok!

How is your sister doing now? Which type of leukemia did she have if you don't mind me asking?

Quoting ERMDK:

Though I haven't been through a loss like yours, I do have 4 children under 4 (my twins are 3y3m, dd2 is 20 months, and ds2 is almost 3 weeks). Also, my sister was diagnosed with leukemia in June 2011, so I've been through that, too. All you can do is take one day at a time and stay strong!

babymamalover84
by Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 6:08 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss...was emilie premature also? I'm so sorry about ruby having lukemia...I can't imagine how bad she must feel. Keep us updated on her progress. If she loses her hair if she goes through chemo buy her a baby doll that's bald so she feels better about herself. God bless you and your family! Where at in florida do you live? We live in thonotosassa.
babymamalover84
by Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 6:10 PM
I have a 5 year old son, a 2 year old daughter and an 18 month old daughter. My 5 year old is autistic...
wadelgal
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 7:07 PM
Hi and welcome!! I to am a mom of t)hree under three! Well, my oldest just turned 3 a few weeks ago! When my youngest was born my oldest was not quite 2.5 an my middle child was not quite 1.5! Now they are 8mo, 2, and 3! So as far as caring for children I know how things are for you! I'm sorry about your loss and your daughters diagnosis. That's must be really hard for you! Prayer and love!
jlmc
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:02 PM

Welcome. I am so sorry for your loss. I am also sorry to hear about your recent bad news. It sounds as if you have a strong and loving family and you hopefully can all support eachother through this maybe with a little help from CM. Best wishes.

scoleman828
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:06 PM
Welcome! In about a month, I will be mom to 3, under 2. =-O my twins turn 2 on Aug 28, I'm due Aug 22. I also have a DD who is 7 1/2. Sorry for your loss and your little one's recent illness.. :-( stay strong mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)