Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Disney Guest Assistance Card (PIOG)

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 2:50 PM
  • 0 Replies

So let me start off by saying I'm asking about this not to be bashed for my family needing to use one of these.

We are a family of 7...our kids range in age from 13-2...We love Disney...We love to see our kids light-up with joy at Disney.  This being said, My husband has MS...He can't stand for a long time or walk for a long time without breaks...Walking is painful, but standing is even worse for him... So when we go to Disney, My husband gets what's called a Guest Assistance Card (GAC).  This helps him avoid the lines and allows him to ride more rides with his family while not being in as much pain (the pain never stops).  We make sure we do NOT go at peak times, we avoid the crowds and summers at all cost.  He cannot handle the heat or crowds.  He hates using the pass because of the dirty looks he gets.  He does work full time and we are not on any form of PA...So trips to Disney are our family vacation...With all the controversy with the Guest Assistance Card...I thought I'd ask your opinion on my family and people in general  using the GAC.   

So let me add to this...

1. Rides Do not bother him for the most part...MS causes nerve pain... for the most part..not pain from touch, or being bumped...Space Mountain causes issues because of extreme darkness..he has vertigo with the MS and he can't focus on Space Mountain.

2.  There are talks of doing away with GAC all together...what do you think about that?  What would be a good alternative, if any?

3.  Even with a scooter...at times he would still have to stand in line..Standing is worse than walking...when walking he either uses the stroller of our youngest child or his cane.  In addition to pain he has balance issues.

by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 2:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)