Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

homeschooling?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 4:29 PM
  • 47 Replies
1 mom liked this
what do you think about homeschooling? would you ever consider homeschooling yourself?
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Christy78
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 4:32 PM

I want to do the k12 online school for my oldest  daughter . 

sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 4:35 PM
1 mom liked this

i dont have the patince and i enjoy the quieter house during school.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 5:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I know i am not equipped to teach dd what she needs to know to be successful school wise.  I work closely with her teachers in public school and supplement where needed at home.

haylemoon
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 5:09 PM

We are homeschooling our youngest 2 children...they are 4 and 2...We are starting pre-k with the 2 year old (at a fun kinda pace/way) and k with the 4 year old...

clancycostello
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 5:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Hi! My little one has been in preschool since his diagnosis. He is in a public preschool and they have a great special ed program.  HIs ABA therapist comes to our house 2x a week. However, my husband and I have been looking into options because we're not sure we could stand sending him to school and not being there to protect him.  I know this sounds overprotective but I will always be no matter what.  Right now he always has an aide with him but starting kindergarten he won't.  I don't know how I can imagine that.  I'm hoping he starts communicating with me much more.  Otherwise it will be homeschooling or a special school.  Never send him away. Just drive him as far as I have to go and pick him up.  I just consider Braden my 24 hr job that I absolutely love. Most people can't say that about their jobs I don't think!:)  I think you should go with your gut.  If you feel your child is strong enough to stand up for himself that's wonderful.  My guy will just stand and smile as other children are nasty to him because he's different.  I can't have that.  I wish you the best! Cori

alexsmomaubrys2
by Platinum Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 5:24 PM

I think it is a great if the parents are committed to it. Homeschooling is more than a educational choice it is a lifestyle.

I did homeschool my kids until this last year. DD was in 1st grade and DS was in 2nd grade.

melodynewsome
by Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 5:25 PM
I was off and on and hater it. I would never home school my kids but that is from my personal exp.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kmary
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 5:30 PM

I wouldn't because we live in an area known for its great schools.  I agree that public schools aren't perfect, but ours are pretty damn good.  I believe in a parent's choice and right to homeschool and I do think it's a good option for certain circumstances and certain families.  But generally speaking, my personal feeling is that most kids benefit from some form of more formal schooling away from home and parents.

Uniquecoolio
by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 5:49 PM

i homeschool my twin boys. they are 16 as of last Saturday! we've been doing it for the last 1 1/2 years with GREAT success!!!!!

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 8:46 PM
I think it can be great or terrible depending on how you do it , you personality and your child's personality. I could not do it I don't think because I would not it right. I have known friends who left there older kids at he to teach their younger kids while they went shopping... And others who have a regular schedule and plenty of outside activities. All in how you do it
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)