Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What kind of American Accent do you have?

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 12:46 PM
  • 145 Replies

I thought this would be fun. According to the quiz I have a Northern/Midwest accent. I am more likely to say "pop" instead of soda or coke. I am from West Michigan. True! So how about you? 

http://www.gotoquiz.com/what_american_accent_do_you_have

by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 12:47 PM
2 moms liked this

Boston accent all the way.

angeleyes16
by Danielle on Jul. 13, 2013 at 12:49 PM

bump =)

jlmc
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 12:54 PM

I am from Boston area but it says I have The inland north accent. Not that accurate as I would NEVER call soda POP! It was fun though.

Kaylawv2
by Gold Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:00 PM
It said I had a midland accent---basically no accent at all. Which is wrong I live in WV and grew up down south, I have a prominent country/southern accent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mittenmommie
by Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:00 PM
Northern/ Midwest also. When I lived in Arizona and Georgia they always told me I talked funny
DoofusAloofus
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:02 PM
I'm from Michigan also. I never really thought I had an accent until I was in SC & GA. Everywhere people kept asking where I was from & guessing "MI/IN/OH" because of my "northern accent". Must've been "pop" and "you guys" that gave it away!
MammaPaparazza
by Platinum Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:02 PM
Lol it said midland and Philly was second which is what everyone says I have- a Philly accent :/
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonandon
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:02 PM
The midland. Second was the west. Last was the south, which is funny because I've mostly lived in the south.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KelliansMom
by Gold Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:05 PM
Inland northern lol and I'm from the south and have a very southern accent (when I let it out lol) but I did live in wa state for a bit so I did pick up some northern sayings lol
LuvsHopesDreams
by Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:06 PM
Mine said I have a Midland accent, which is more from Ohio or western PA. Basically, it means I have no accent. I'm actually from Iowa.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)