Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Texas and tampons

Posted by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 4:53 PM
  • 8 Replies

I  originally put this up as just : Texas but I'm going to try it with this new heading  What do you think about this? http://aattp.org/only-in-texas-confiscating-tampons-at-state-capital-but-guns-still-okay/

by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 4:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
fiddlerbird555
by Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 5:02 PM

I'm still amazed. Tempted to make a T-shirt "Don't mess with Texas"  with the X being crossed tampons.

blue123244
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 5:16 PM

When I first saw it I thought it was a joke!  I think they should have gone back and returned with used tampons to give them  lolol

Quoting fiddlerbird555:

I'm still amazed. Tempted to make a T-shirt "Don't mess with Texas"  with the X being crossed tampons.

Musician661
by Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 6:40 PM

OMGosh!   When I lived In that Great state, It was not a surprise to have a Gun with you, As long as you were outside of the AFB.  We Lived at Sheppard in Wichita Falls, Tx and One in

san Angelo Tx. That was Goodfellow Afb, I think!

Middlemom32
by Member on Jul. 13, 2013 at 6:47 PM
As bizarre as it sounds, I opened this wondering if Texas was attempting to outlaw tampons. It doesn't really sound that out there with all the other crazy shit they've done lately.
Atoosajoon
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 9:32 PM

I'm from Texas.  I can't get the article to open but here's what I understand.  The pro-choice demonstrators were planning to bring tampons to throw at the senators.  I also read in the news that many jars of urine and feces were confiscated.  That's purely for troublemaking!  A gun is for personal protection.  If a person is licensed to carry a gun, they have been educated in the gun laws and don't carry one for fun or just to act tough.  FTR, I am a CHL holder and a gun owner.  I would only pull out the gun if my life (or the lives of my children) was in danger.   Anyway, that's my take on it.

blue123244
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 12:20 AM

what about the diabetic supplies I guess that was a threat too

Quoting Atoosajoon:

I'm from Texas.  I can't get the article to open but here's what I understand.  The pro-choice demonstrators were planning to bring tampons to throw at the senators.  I also read in the news that many jars of urine and feces were confiscated.  That's purely for troublemaking!  A gun is for personal protection.  If a person is licensed to carry a gun, they have been educated in the gun laws and don't carry one for fun or just to act tough.  FTR, I am a CHL holder and a gun owner.  I would only pull out the gun if my life (or the lives of my children) was in danger.   Anyway, that's my take on it.

Atoosajoon
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:21 PM

I haven't heard about "diabetic supplies" and not sure what you're referring to.  I was just offering some insight.  No need for the attitude.

MrsKaufold1990
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 4:24 PM
What harm can a tampon do????

Seriously, since when can a tampon be used to kill someone?

A gun can.

Is texas trying to make it that we have to have a license to carry a tampon?

Quoting Atoosajoon:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)