Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Dont feel like a person anymore

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 1:58 AM
  • 15 Replies
I've been married for 5 years. I have an 8 year old stepson and a two year old little boy. Lately, I feel as if I only exist for washing, cooking, cleaning, child care and sex. I don't have a life outside of my marriage, kids and my job. I'm afraid I'm going to have a mental breakdown. I have no form of stress relief. Meanwhile, my husband comes and goes as he pleases. He doesn't understand me when I try to explain how much freedom he has compared to me. It always gets turned back on me as if I don't understand how hard he works. Almost as if I'm being selfish for wanting to be able to go to the grocery store alone. Or just be without someone calling after me or crawling in and out of my lap every 2 minutes. Even as I type this, part of me feels like shit for just wanting to escape sometimes. If only for the sake of my sanity. What do I do? O love my kids and my husband, but I feel, for lack of a better term, used up.
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 1:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
smurfbitebug
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 2:05 AM
Leave before he wakes on one of his days off and take a day.

Better to ask forgiveness than permission sometimes.
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 2:24 AM

As soon as he gets home, walk out the door for a good walk around block or something.  It is not fair for you not to have your own outlets.  He should be happy to watch over the children while you go to grocery store.  This can be even done after they go to bed.

PamperButt
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 2:27 AM

I feel the same way and my S/O is the same as well. I always tell him its unfair but he doesn't think so. Sucks.... But yeah, just find a time for you to get out and stretch and not feel so confined all the time. I do it too, I have to!! or else I get cranky and nobody likes me when I'm cranky!! *turn into the SHEHULK*... wow that was corny LOL 

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Jul. 14, 2013 at 3:02 AM

Grab your purse and keys let him know im going some where BY MYSELF for a little while and leave. If he gets mad oh well.

novaroan3
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 3:09 AM

Mobile Photo

Sometimes you have to take care of yourself if you plan on taking care of others.
jamamama00
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 3:12 AM
My first thought when reading this was, "yeah, welcome to adulthood." But then I got to the part about your husband. Um....where is he going? Is he just going to work, or is he out having free time?
redrose_12
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 3:18 AM
I feel the same way. Yes i am a mother i knew things were going to change but im also a human i need breaks to so i can be positive. He too goes out after work does not tell me and it pisses me off.
I am making my own changes though slowly but surly.
sean_ray0511
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:20 AM
He works long hours and most says he does stuff before coming home. Like he will stop at a friends or do errands or anything he wants basically. Twice last week he went out of town to pick up car parts. When I get off work o have to pick up the kids, get home and start dinner. Last night when I wrote this he was out with friends.
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:27 AM
I agree with everyone else...just take the time for yourself. I couldn't survive without my me time.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 8:30 AM
tell him hey hon. tuesday might i have a ME night. book club. gym. class. shopping night. dinner with gf. read a book at starbucks. and its every tuesday. or whatever night and stick to it. men seem to have a knack for going out into the yard to adjust the sprinkler and the next thing you hear is their rig leaving the driveway. and you were about to send your 4 yr old out to play ball with him so you could put the baby down for a nap. he comes back two hours later oblivious and says oh i ran over to the hardware store and stopped by George's house to look at his furnace. of course if you took off like that leaving the kids he would put out an APB on you. you have to force your own time sometimes.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN