Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club
My 4 month old refuses to take a bottle. I just recently purchased the mimijumi bottle. He plays with it and then gets frustrated. Has anyone tried the lasinoh momma bottle? Would u recommend it? I'm really considering purchasing it next! I'm desperate at this point.
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Replies (11-20):
pinkiebabii
by Jennie on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:01 PM
1 mom liked this
How about none? Just use a cup.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WillVon
by Bronze Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:05 PM
My dd would only take those cheap $1 bottles, now she don't care as long as she can get to whatever is inside haha
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jconney80
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:41 PM
1 mom liked this

I didn't use a bottle. I used a feeding syringe or a cup with no valve or a spoon. My kids wouldn't take bottles either. At least if you use a feeding syringe they are getting something while you are not there. Some kids just reverse cycle and nurse all night. I tried different types of bottles but nothing worked. So the feeding syringe or cup it was! I had my mom dribble milk in my son's mouth from a sippy cup with no valve as well.

Quoting analisa85:

Thank u. He refused that one also. I've tried Playtex, Mandela, tommy tippy, and mimijumi, all a no go. Hed rather starve till I get home. I quit working cuz of this. My older son did the same thing.

AmiJanell
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:46 PM

I used breastflow bottles with both of my kiddo's and they took well to them.   The adiri bottles are also supposed to be very much like the breast.

I would just just get 1 bottle and see how he likes it... don't buy a set.  My niece refused a bottle... never would take one... her mom had to take longer for maternity leave until she was able to start solids and she would just nurse when she got home...

slgilliam
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 11:53 PM

My daughter is 5 months old now and I used the Similac bottles. I moved to the Avent bottles when she started to drink more oz. All babies are different. My daughter personally never had a problem going from breast to bottle when I was breast feeding.

DrkPixie86
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 12:03 AM
Dr. Browns are great bottles
sugamummy
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 2:45 AM
4 of my kids refuse bottlem I has to spoon feed.

megrh
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 9:33 AM
We had to stop using Tommee Tippee, my DS was being supplemented and when I would bf him it was painful from nipple confusion. As soon as we went to Dr. Browns he was fine.
RADmomma
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 10:05 AM
We use playtex nursers
MusherMaggie
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 3:12 PM
Come on over to the breastfeeding moms group. They can tell you what works, even if it's something other than a bottle.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)