Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

How to make the perfect meatballs????

Posted by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 5:56 PM
  • 11 Replies
I need help cause I can't make them stay ,they just crumble and spaghetti and meatballs becomes spaghetti with meat sauce lol.I don't bake them ( its like 100 degrees here) what do you use so they stay in a perfect shape?
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 5:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 5:59 PM
My family like them pure beef. Like literally a scoop of ground beef right out of the package. I squeeze them and roll into a ball and saute them in olive oil. Then when they are pretty much cooked, I pour in the sauce and simmer for a while. They never fall apart.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MOMofTWObgs
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 6:04 PM
Even when baking or cooking right n The sauce always Make Sure you have enough egg And read crumb in Them. But not Too much or They will become Dense. I Make them every Saturday, and they never fall apart. Hope this helps.
kaylasmom22
by Silver Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 6:06 PM
Oh I don't use eggs. I season the meat and add flour( my mom told me to) then shape then and put it in hot pan no oil. Then boom they start to fall apart

Quoting MOMofTWObgs:

Even when baking or cooking right n The sauce always Make Sure you have enough egg And read crumb in Them. But not Too much or They will become Dense. I Make them every Saturday, and they never fall apart. Hope this helps.
MOMofTWObgs
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 6:12 PM
I would use eggs. I always have it helps hold Them together.
MOMofTWObgs
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 6:13 PM
Just one Egg per pound Though Too Much egg ill Make Them dense.
RADmomma
by Gold Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 6:16 PM
I do beef, egg, bread crumbs & roll. Then I put them into the sauce. I semi cover & boil.

If its fatty beef I actually boil the meatballs until almost cooked & then drain & cook through in sauce. It helps reduce the grease.

In the winter I bake them.

I also find that if I make up a big batch & put them in muffin tins, freeze in the ton & then remove & store in a bag until ready to eat they stay together better.
hockey21
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 6:26 PM

sirlion beef, egg, bread crumbs, salt,pepper,oregano.garlic,onion, shape into balls, olive oil and cook...yum...

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 14, 2013 at 6:49 PM

We do beef, egg(one egg per lb of meat) , bread crumbs or special k cereal, a splash of milk and sometimes chopped onion.  We pan fry them first to get golden brown and set the mixture, then add to sauce.

bzzybeemomof3
by on Jul. 14, 2013 at 6:59 PM
I use seasoning egg and beef. A little oil in the pot and Ghats it
..oh bread crumbs or crushed soda crackers.
wickedfiress
by SmthngWkdThsWayComes on Jul. 14, 2013 at 7:01 PM
You need an egg to hold them together.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)