Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

canceling visitation

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:17 PM
  • 5 Replies
My ex called me said he will be canceling visitation because he cannot afford to go out and do something with our son also he cannot afford gas this week. He asked me to borrow money I told him I am not funding his visitation am I wrong?
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
bzzybeemomof3
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:21 PM
No. At least he called and told you. But I always suggested just staying in and playing around the house. If there is enough food in the house then it shouldn't be that hard. I lend money to my ex sometimes but we are still friends talk.daily.and hangout.

But no you are not wrong
AAP1988
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:24 PM

See me my ex and I don't have a good relationship I would never let him borrow money. 

Quoting bzzybeemom
No. At least he called and told you. But I always suggested just staying in and playing around the house. If there is enough food in the house then it shouldn't be that hard. I lend money to my ex sometimes but we are still friends talk.daily.and hangout.

But no you are not wrong

bzzybeemomof3
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:29 PM
Oh for sure different things right? But you are definitely not wrong. Its your choice 100%. I would just suggest maybe having a make up visit when he can afford it.

Does this happen lots? IR the first time?

Quoting AAP1988:

See me my ex and I don't have a good relationship I would never let him borrow money. 

Quoting bzzybeemom

But no you are not wrong

AAP1988
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:31 PM

He cancels quite a bit due to cannot afford it or he cannot get out of bed in time. 

Quoting bzzybeemomof3:

Oh for sure different things right? But you are definitely not wrong. Its your choice 100%. I would just suggest maybe having a make up visit when he can afford it.

Does this happen lots? IR the first time?

Quoting AAP1988:

Quoting bzzybeemom

But no you are not wrong

mommy2boys03
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:36 PM

Like someone else said not having money to do something isn't a good excuse.  Kids don't need to do something every visit and there are plenty of things to do for free.  Just go outside and toss a ball around, take a walk, go to the park, play a game of cards.  Sadly your child is the one that suffer's from his father's not planning better.  No you didn't do anything wrong

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN