Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

7:30a.m. today.It was my neighbor's youngest....they were asking if anyone had seen what happened.

He found his kitty dead in front of their driveway.Poor little boy found his pet dead right outside his house.And our neighborhood is SSSOOO quiet that it is almost definitley somebody from the neighborhood that hit the cat-probably with their car!The only stranger we see on our road most days is the mail lady (and she has had the same route for longer than I've lived here).

I would hope that my neighbors would care enough to at least come tell us if they accidently hurt one of our pets...Not just leave a poor (maybe dying)animal right outside of it's family's house.SMH-wth is wrong with people?!banging head into wall

Could you imagine what your kid's reaction would be if they found their loved buddy like that?

Thought for the day :

Women are angels and when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We are flexible that way.

by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Replies (11-20):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:55 AM

oh man that stinks.   I hope you gave him a hug.   Our cat does not go outside and i will not tell you what has been going on  in our region with cats.  

How is your boy healing from his surgery?

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:29 PM

I did.I kept imagining it being one of my kids...All teary eyed,trying his hardest NOT to cry.crying

Joey is doing better.They started him on a medicine for his eye yesterday-in a week we will know if he needs needs a surgery on it.Hopefully not.How is your daughter?Have you been doing anything,enjoying the summer?We had planned to go to the zoo and stuff,but it has been raining for 2 weeks now! We are taking the boys to New Orleans next week--if the surgery doesn't happen,that is.

Quoting frndlyfn:

oh man that stinks.   I hope you gave him a hug.   Our cat does not go outside and i will not tell you what has been going on  in our region with cats.  

Dragon.Momma86
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:30 PM
poor guy :-(
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 2:05 PM

We have alot of chaos going on here lately.  Trying to get her into a playclass each week for something constructive to do.   We are supposed to be traveling next month some time.

Quoting brandyblx:

I did.I kept imagining it being one of my kids...All teary eyed,trying his hardest NOT to cry.crying

Joey is doing better.They started him on a medicine for his eye yesterday-in a week we will know if he needs needs a surgery on it.Hopefully not.How is your daughter?Have you been doing anything,enjoying the summer?We had planned to go to the zoo and stuff,but it has been raining for 2 weeks now! We are taking the boys to New Orleans next week--if the surgery doesn't happen,that is.

Quoting frndlyfn:

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:44 PM

Traveling? For something good...?Vacation type-right?

Quoting frndlyfn:

We have alot of chaos going on here lately.  Trying to get her into a playclass each week for something constructive to do.   We are supposed to be traveling next month some time.

Quoting brandyblx:

Quoting frndlyfn:

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:05 AM

frown mini

Quoting moobahlalala:

I ran over a puppy yesterday. I swerved to miss it, but it ran under the tire. I wanted so badly to pull over and check on it, but these country roads are dangerous. I honked the horn before I hit, and the tires were pretty loud. I really hope someone heard it. I had to pull over in a ditch and cry when I got to a safe place. :(

Miss_Mandy80
by Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:10 AM

crying mini

terpmama
by Gold Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:18 AM
1 mom liked this

Benefit of the doubt... Complete accident (tried to swerve and still hit it) wanted the family to have closure (wanting to know what happened and not just guess that kitty ran away) so placed it near the family for proper burial and service... 

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:21 AM
1 mom liked this

Probably-I still think they should have told an adult.I wouldn't want one of my kids to find their pet like that,kwim?

Quoting terpmama:

Benefit of the doubt... Complete accident (tried to swerve and still hit it) wanted the family to have closure (wanting to know what happened and not just guess that kitty ran away) so placed it near the family for proper burial and service... 

KyliesMom5
by Platinum Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 12:42 AM
That's sad! My daughters cat was killed by a dog almost 2 years ago. My mom found mouseys body and I buried her before my daughter could see her beloved friend. I couldnt bare to tell her the truth because I was afraid she would hate all dogs. Kylie was devistated. She had helped me bottle raise Mousey and her litter mates and claimed mouse as her when the cat was only 2 weeks old. But for a child to find their buddy like that is just awful.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)