Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

7:30a.m. today.It was my neighbor's youngest....they were asking if anyone had seen what happened.

He found his kitty dead in front of their driveway.Poor little boy found his pet dead right outside his house.And our neighborhood is SSSOOO quiet that it is almost definitley somebody from the neighborhood that hit the cat-probably with their car!The only stranger we see on our road most days is the mail lady (and she has had the same route for longer than I've lived here).

I would hope that my neighbors would care enough to at least come tell us if they accidently hurt one of our pets...Not just leave a poor (maybe dying)animal right outside of it's family's house.SMH-wth is wrong with people?!banging head into wall

Could you imagine what your kid's reaction would be if they found their loved buddy like that?

Thought for the day :

Women are angels and when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We are flexible that way.

by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Replies (31-40):
xtwistedxlovex
by Gold Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 1:01 PM
My cat was run over right in front of my house too :-/ The street was stained for a very long time and there was no way I could avoid seeing it. I was 10 or 11 at the time.

Was the cat definitely run over, or is it possible it got in a fight it couldn't win?
brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 1:02 PM

Isn't it? Pp have said that it is the pet owner's fault and while I agree in a way...The person who hit that cat still should have told an adult becasue that little boy will remember this for the rest of his life,kwim?

Quoting shadow_lark:

We would all be heartbroken. That's just terrible...poor kid :(

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 1:04 PM

According to the little boy's parents there was a tire mark on the cat.I wouldn't want my kids to see that.....crying mini

Quoting xtwistedxlovex:

My cat was run over right in front of my house too :-/ The street was stained for a very long time and there was no way I could avoid seeing it. I was 10 or 11 at the time.

Was the cat definitely run over, or is it possible it got in a fight it couldn't win?

Cherish77
by Cherish on Jul. 21, 2013 at 1:23 PM

ew, that siucks.

Quoting brandyblx:

You can have ALLthe rain if you like!LOL--it is disgustingly hot here also.RAINY and HOT,odd combo.Sort of like walking around in a wet sauna.(By now it's actually been raining every day for 3 weeks-stupid rain.)

Quoting Cherish77:

Poor kid, ds was sad when our cat ran away.  Its been almost 2 years and he still talks about it.

Uh, could you send some rain to California, it's been disgustingly hot here

Quoting brandyblx:

I did.I kept imagining it being one of my kids...All teary eyed,trying his hardest NOT to cry.crying

Joey is doing better.They started him on a medicine for his eye yesterday-in a week we will know if he needs needs a surgery on it.Hopefully not.How is your daughter?Have you been doing anything,enjoying the summer?We had planned to go to the zoo and stuff,but it has been raining for 2 weeks now! We are taking the boys to New Orleans next week--if the surgery doesn't happen,that is.

Quoting frndlyfn:

oh man that stinks.   I hope you gave him a hug.   Our cat does not go outside and i will not tell you what has been going on  in our region with cats.  

How is your boy healing from his surgery?

rayroe2
by on Jul. 21, 2013 at 1:27 PM
My bus hit a dog once. I watched it die. We had to leave a note. I felt so bad. I just got of the bus and it just broke its back by rolling right under the tire. It was so scary and sad.
jconney80
by Platinum Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 7:31 PM

That is so sad!

deputygirls28
by Member on Jul. 21, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Driving home last night I saw what I thought was a freshly hit deer in the road. Thankfully my oldest was asleep bc the closer I got I saw that it was someone's golden retriever. There it was, right in the middle of the road where it probably was within sight of the owners home. I have never hit a pet like animal but I can assure you that if I ever do, I will be stopping and looking for an owner. That must've been horrible for a kid to see.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:49 AM

Especially because the little boy is 7.If it had been my youngest's pet it would have broken his heart......and he would have had nightmares forever. (I know this because after Katrina Bryce woke up every night crying/screaming about a "monster" that ate houses.It took us a while to realize that when we turned the TV on there was always a news caster talking about the "monster storm".Bryce (1 1/2 at the time) put 2 and 2 together and decided that the monster storm was a real monster because his friend's houses "were disappeared".)

Quoting deputygirls28:

Driving home last night I saw what I thought was a freshly hit deer in the road. Thankfully my oldest was asleep bc the closer I got I saw that it was someone's golden retriever. There it was, right in the middle of the road where it probably was within sight of the owners home. I have never hit a pet like animal but I can assure you that if I ever do, I will be stopping and looking for an owner. That must've been horrible for a kid to see.

Thought for the day :

Women are angels and when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We are flexible that way.

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 2:50 AM

sad

Quoting rayroe2:

My bus hit a dog once. I watched it die. We had to leave a note. I felt so bad. I just got of the bus and it just broke its back by rolling right under the tire. It was so scary and sad.

kzoboe
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:01 AM

Made me cry just thinking about it.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN