Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

7:30a.m. today.It was my neighbor's youngest....they were asking if anyone had seen what happened.

He found his kitty dead in front of their driveway.Poor little boy found his pet dead right outside his house.And our neighborhood is SSSOOO quiet that it is almost definitley somebody from the neighborhood that hit the cat-probably with their car!The only stranger we see on our road most days is the mail lady (and she has had the same route for longer than I've lived here).

I would hope that my neighbors would care enough to at least come tell us if they accidently hurt one of our pets...Not just leave a poor (maybe dying)animal right outside of it's family's house.SMH-wth is wrong with people?!banging head into wall

Could you imagine what your kid's reaction would be if they found their loved buddy like that?

Thought for the day :

Women are angels and when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We are flexible that way.

by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Replies (41-50):
Angelanscalf89
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 3:11 AM
Thats sad. When me my sister and brother were kids we had a bunch of animals we had 3 cats one was mine one was my sisters they were sister and brother we also had the mom. One day my sisters cat Toby came up missing I dont remember how much time passed but neighbors smelled something funny by a house where someone had recently been evicted turns out the assholes shot and killed my sisters cat and stuffed him under the house to smell it up to get back at the landlord. The thing is the person who did it knew the cat belonged to an 8 yr old. Ughhh.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bluediamondmom
by on Jul. 22, 2013 at 5:32 AM
Sadly, I don't think that particular lesson is taught much anymore.

I think it's been replaced with teaching people to just do whatever they want to do at all times, and never worry or care what anyone thinks.

Quoting brandyblx:

I know,right?Whatever happened to treat as you want to be treated?

Quoting Mrs.Kubalabuku:

That is terrible.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Meadowchik
by Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 6:33 AM
1 mom liked this
Odds are it was injured and, possibly without the driver knowing and made its way toward home until it was too weak to go on. Could have been hit on another street.

Quoting brandyblx:

Probably-I still think they should have told an adult.I wouldn't want one of my kids to find their pet like that,kwim?

Quoting terpmama:

Benefit of the doubt... Complete accident (tried to swerve and still hit it) wanted the family to have closure (wanting to know what happened and not just guess that kitty ran away) so placed it near the family for proper burial and service... 

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 10:33 AM

BUMP!

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 10:35 AM

Yup.I hugged the little boy and did my best NOT to cry while doing it......It would have made things worse for the kid.

Quoting kzoboe:

Made me cry just thinking about it.

Thought for the day :

Women are angels and when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We are flexible that way.

sarah824
by Silver Member on Jul. 22, 2013 at 11:53 AM

This is a HUGE fear of mine and the exact reason our cat cannot go outside at all. Our dogs are locked in a fence when they are outside. I can deal (kind of) with that kind of stuff, but I don't want my kids to have to.

brandyblx
by Platinum Member on Jul. 25, 2013 at 2:11 PM

This little boy showed up at my house a like 10 minutes ago.He wanted to know if he could have one of my cats..."because Miss Brandy you already have 3 and now I don't have any.Please-I promise to take care of it."He broke my heart :(

I told his mom that he was wandering around the neighborhood trying to get anyone to give him a cat....And then I told her that I'd seen a man outside of Walmart giving away calico kittens. I didn't tell the little boy

I just feel so bad for him. 

BluePandaDreams
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 3:39 AM
Early in the morning, didn't want to wake up the family, so placed poor kitty beside the road, so it won't get run over again. At least, that is my take on it and how I would have handled it. I try to avoid hitting any animal, including wildlife, but if it happens it happens. And if there is a place for me to pull over and remove the animal, I will. If not, then it lies where it fell. I know it seems harsh, but I'm not going to risk my own safety over a dead animal. I have lost pets to being run over, so I am not a stranger to this heartache.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
princessputter
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:24 AM

:( poor kid

nelliesmommy
by on Jul. 26, 2013 at 8:26 AM

Poor thing, how sad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN