Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Facebook-Has anyone ever done this?

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 6:03 PM
  • 21 Replies
I have too many friends on my Facebook that I haven't talked to in years.I was thinking of unfriending them while cleaning up my page..These people were acquaintances .Has anyone ever done this?I feel I need to explain on timeline its not personal.What would you write?Thank you debra
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pnukey
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 6:04 PM
3 moms liked this

I wouldn't write anything. If they notice and take offense, they can send you a note. I've only ever had 1 person get into a snit about being unfriended, and it turns out she's insane, so it was still the right thing to do.

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Jul. 15, 2013 at 6:07 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't write anything. And i  don't think you need to explain anything to anyone. Just unfriend them lol.

Marimaru
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 6:08 PM

I have not, but I see people do it all the time.  They basically just say "I'm cleaning up my list a bit, if you're interested in keep in touch, let me know by Friday."

crwspringer
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 6:09 PM
Just do it w/o an explanation. Chances are that most of them won't even notice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LEMONS
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 6:10 PM
Thank you ladies.:)
kellysparkles
by Bronze Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 6:10 PM
1 mom liked this

i just go ahead and delete people...it's just facebook :)

If they ask you about it just tell them, it's no big deal.  I only keep close friends and some family on there to avoid drama and unnecessary issues.

bree208
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 6:11 PM

i am on facebook it can be nice except noone reaaly talks except ypour friends and you play games and belong tio clubs

CrystalYaris
by Platinum Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 6:31 PM

This is what I do. 

Quoting Marimaru:

I have not, but I see people do it all the time.  They basically just say "I'm cleaning up my list a bit, if you're interested in keep in touch, let me know by Friday."

JollyMommy84
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 6:35 PM

Don't explain just unfriend them,I do a friends list clean out once in a while.

Momofmenagerie
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 6:36 PM
No, no, no you owe no one an explaination. In fact, they probably won't even notice. FB doesn't send a red letter alert to the other person that sew and sew has deleted you.

Just delete and move on. If you even showed up in Thier timeline, you'll be replaced by someone else . Just delete and let it go. It's a social networking site, no apologies are required.

Heck, I've deleted two pretty close high school friends because my values differ so much from theirs and easier to drop them than get in a useless argument ending friendships I do not want to END, I just do not want to pop off and then END relationships by being a hot head. They will not notice, no one does.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)