Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Facebook-Has anyone ever done this?

Posted by   + Show Post
I have too many friends on my Facebook that I haven't talked to in years.I was thinking of unfriending them while cleaning up my page..These people were acquaintances .Has anyone ever done this?I feel I need to explain on timeline its not personal.What would you write?Thank you debra
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 6:03 PM
Replies (11-20):
NDADanceMom
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 6:50 PM
I've had friends post that they were going to clean up their friends list and they asked people to reply if they wanted to stay on it. Some i did, some i didn't.
Ktina11
by Silver Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 6:53 PM
Most people won't even notice.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dingysfamily
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 6:54 PM

I've never done one, but I would just say I'm doing a 'house cleaning of my friends list', I know lots of people that do it and some don't even know half the people on their list.

Due9
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 7:14 PM

Just do it, they probably won't notice and won't care if they do 

thatgirl70
by Carin on Jul. 15, 2013 at 7:24 PM
You don't need to explain anything, but I've had friends who will post that they are "cleaning house" and if they wanted to remain on the list to post a comment.
midjet117
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 7:25 PM

nothing. who cares, its not like they're going to notice.

Chunkymunkey922
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 7:28 PM
I didn't say anything. I just deleted half of my friends. No one said anything.
goldilocksbecky
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 7:28 PM

Just do it without making a big deal out of it.  It's not like they (or anybody) will get a notice or announcement that you unfriended them.  If they notice, either say you were trying to limit your list a bit for safety reason.  Or, if it makes you feel better, blame it on a facebook glitch and re-add them.  Honestly, if it's people you just never talk to, chances are they won't even notice or care. 

A lot of people see people they "used to know" (like from high school), friend them because they are nosey, snoop through their page and pictures a bit, and then go on with their life.  Now that their initial nosiness has been satisfied, they won't notice or care that you've  unfriended them.

Imjustinsmommy
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 7:50 PM

ive done it w/o telling anyone.. and only 1 person reacted & she was  weird though in a  true not healthy way.. I think you owe  no explanation. you siad it yourself you're not even close to them..

I have seen  the whole " im cleaning out my fb freinds"  thing but  IMO i always thought it looked tacky & a way to create more attention.. it comes off to me like please say you want to be my friend??

bottom line.. do YOU want them as freinds? if not why tell them bc then  if they say " i do" well now you keep them why? bc THEY want to be on your page? its not about them.. its your page..  figure out who you don't  & who you do want & just do it..

dragnfly.822
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:58 PM

I wouldn't announce it either.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN