Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

WWYD if your kid did this

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:25 PM
  • 16 Replies

Ok this is so weird and out of Charecter for my son but He is 22 months old and we went to the walk in clinic as my 3 week old has thrush :( and there was a fairly attractive early 20s dude sitting there on his phone. well we walk in and we go sit down and my son who does not know this dude anymore then he knows you all, runs over to him puts his elbows on the guys legs and lifts his feet to swing.... Lol the guy just started talking to him saying *Hey buddy hows it going? did you break your arm* (He is in a cast) and my son just reached up and hugged him and ran back to me all shy.....

Now im sure you all will say *And you didnt stop him* But i was carrying the 3 week old who was crying and trying to bring in my 5 yr old(today is her bday and we spent it here and she was grunpy) and my 2 yr old who was hanging on my leg scared she was getting shots. I was right next to them the whole time but he went so fast...

Honestly it was kinda cute he played peek a boo with him after that. I kept him away from the dude but he kept wanting to go play. Guess he made a new friend... 

What would you have done? i mean it was cute but also its a random stranger...

by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lalalamama
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Aah, that's just sweet! Who knows why your son took a shine to this young man.... I wouldn't worry or give it a second thought.
C8linVilla
by on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:33 PM

i wasnt worried since we were in a public place full of people and i was right there and it was cute me and my mom and the guy were all laughing. but it was just totally weird of him. he never goes to anyone he is a very shy boy! 

Quoting lalalamama:

Aah, that's just sweet! Who knows why your son took a shine to this young man.... I wouldn't worry or give it a second thought.

Retrokitty
by Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:35 PM
Nothing? My 15 month old always runs up to people at the park. He "talks" to them. Sometimes touches them or their stuff before I can grab him. No one cares much though here lol.
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:38 PM
4 moms liked this

I think your son recognized something in this young man that us "adults"did not see.  These precious moments may have been something the young man needed as well as your child.   I love when everyone can show compassion towards a stranger and not instant fear.

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Jul. 15, 2013 at 11:59 PM

as long as I was close enough to keep an eye on him I wouldn't have worried other nthan to remind him not to bug people.

cc5112
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:09 AM

My 14 month old does the same thing! People are friendly and "chat " with him.

Quoting Retrokitty:

Nothing? My 15 month old always runs up to people at the park. He "talks" to them. Sometimes touches them or their stuff before I can grab him. No one cares much though here lol.

kellysparkles
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:11 AM
2 moms liked this
I love this response.

Quoting frndlyfn:

I think your son recognized something in this young man that us "adults"did not see.  These precious moments may have been something the young man needed as well as your child.   I love when everyone can show compassion towards a stranger and not instant fear.

friendlymom48
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:16 AM
I think that's sweet. When my son was about 18 months old he walked up to this grandmother type of lady at walmart and told her he loves her and wanted to give her a hug! She laughed and thought he was cute and picked him up and hugged him. I was right there the whole time. She was so sweet to him, but I remember feeling so conflicted. In the end I decided it was what it was and let it go.
thatgirl70
by Carin on Jul. 16, 2013 at 12:26 AM

Some kids are just very affectionate. Just explain to him (though at 2 don't expect much) that he needs to be careful (emphasize it when he's old enough to comprehend). 

My son has dyspraxia and he is very trusting of people, and it's nothing for him to go right up to someone and strike up a conversation with them. Of course, I am right there with him, but I do explain to him that he must be careful. 

mseelen
by Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 6:44 AM
1 mom liked this
I was in a grocery store and this little girl with down syndrome came up to new and said Hi, and asked if age could give me a hug. Hey mother went right there and i looked at hey to see if it was alright. Her mother smiled and this little girl have me the biggest hug.
I got teary eyed and told her mother how beautiful she was. I definitely needed a hug they day.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)