Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

I'm grateful for my ex husband

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:33 AM
  • 8 Replies
So in reading many other posts here, as well as talking to friends and family who don't have it nearly as well, I'm starting to realize how lucky I am with my ex dh. Although we could not manage living together as husband and wife, he is and has always been a great provider. I work a fairly low paying job for convenience sake in order to be home with my kids as much as possible (no evenings, weekends, or holidays) and ex dh makes up the difference. He pays the car ins, the cell phones, gives 500 a month in cash plus extra help whenever I ask him. He also gives the kids extra money all the time for clothes or whatever expenses. In return, he has 24 hour access to his kids. He can come and go as he pleases, take them anywhere at any time he chooses, and I never bad mouth him in front of his kids. Just wondering if anyone else has this type of relationship with their children's father or am I the only one?
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 5:42 AM

We have helped my guy's ex when she has needed it even with the children that are not blood to him. She has 2 disabled teenagers and then 2 sons she has with my guy whom are in their late 20s.  We go over for holidays and other special occasions to visit with everyone including a grandson through the oldest son.  It has taken way too many years though for her to trust my guy due to things that happened during marriage.

RADmomma
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:12 AM
1 mom liked this
It's good to hear !!!
kidlover2
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:19 AM
No :( I have full custody and he has visitation. I'm denying all visitation at the moment until our court appearance because my 10 year old said that the 4 year old isn't " being treated nicely" and my 6 year old started having accidents in her pants 3x in the past week.
Jabojoe
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:31 AM
That's great that you guys can get along so well! It really makes things so much better on the kids.

Quoting frndlyfn:

We have helped my guy's ex when she has needed it even with the children that are not blood to him. She has 2 disabled teenagers and then 2 sons she has with my guy whom are in their late 20s.  We go over for holidays and other special occasions to visit with everyone including a grandson through the oldest son.  It has taken way too many years though for her to trust my guy due to things that happened during marriage.

Jabojoe
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:32 AM
Sorry to hear about your situation. Idk why more dads don't realize that the kids are the ones to suffer:(

Quoting kidlover2:

No :( I have full custody and he has visitation. I'm denying all visitation at the moment until our court appearance because my 10 year old said that the 4 year old isn't " being treated nicely" and my 6 year old started having accidents in her pants 3x in the past week.

NDADanceMom
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:12 AM
My friend is divorced and for a very long time they were great co parents. Even step mom was great, my friend watched her daughter while her x and the new wife went out of town, they all went to school events together, he paid for all the extras, etc.
lately though step mom is pulling back. Its sad they are losing such a great partnership.
jobberwocky
by Chrissy on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this

Thats great you have such a close relationship with your ex. 

sweetboys4me
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:19 AM
Quoting jobberwocky:

Thats great you have such a close relationship with your ex. 

this
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)