Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Best cherry recipies?

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:28 AM
  • 4 Replies
I have a gallon of fresh sweet cherries that I don't know what to do with. We've eaten a ton but we still have so many left. What would you do with them?
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
malissaL
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:31 AM

make a sauce with some and serve over grilled chicken and baby spinach 

yum...

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Hi! Do you have a cherry pitter? You could pit them and make jams, salsas, and freeze them too! Are they sweet or tart? You could also make a bunch of pies and freeze!

norahsmommy
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 9:56 AM
They are sweet. I don't have a piter so its going to take a while to process them all but oh well :).

Dh wants a pie. So I will make at least one of those. Other than that I'm not sure what to do with them. I guess jam would be good. Do you have and recipies?

Quoting LancesMom:

Hi! Do you have a cherry pitter? You could pit them and make jams, salsas, and freeze them too! Are they sweet or tart? You could also make a bunch of pies and freeze!

LancesMom
by Ruby Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Hi! No I have to stay away from sugar so I don't do jams or jellies. ( I tried with splenda once and it didn't turn out) I used the instructions on the box of sure jell.

Quoting norahsmommy:

They are sweet. I don't have a piter so its going to take a while to process them all but oh well :).

Dh wants a pie. So I will make at least one of those. Other than that I'm not sure what to do with them. I guess jam would be good. Do you have and recipies?

Quoting LancesMom:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)