Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cleaning toys

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:10 AM
  • 5 Replies
My baby puts everything in her mouth, so how do you clean fabric toys? Washing machine? Wouldn't the soap be bad? Dreft?
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:24 AM

I threw them in pillow cases and washed reg detergent. hang to dry them throw in dryers to fluff.

bamababe1975
by Stephanie on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:18 PM

Like the previous poster said, I put them in the wash with regular detergent but they have to go inside a pillow case tied up so they don't get thrashed around so much because they'll likely come apart then. Hang them or lay them on a sweater rack to dry, unless your dryer has a rack inside it like mine does, and then when they're dry you toss them in the dryer on low heat just to fluff them up again. :)

bzzybeemomof3
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:32 PM

I wash all toys by hand. lol I am used to it, I do my cloth diapers by hand, so I use my cloth diaper detergents, chlorine and dye free. Then I hang on the line to dry.

Reina13
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 8:52 AM

Same as the previous posters I put them in the washing machine in a tied pillow case. I also add a cup a vinegar for disinfecting to the water before I add the laundry detergent.

Enjoy a Coffee Break Chat with us Every Tuesday!

RADmomma
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 11:14 AM
I agree with the others. I wash fabric toys in the washer. Hard plastic toys in the dishwasher!!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)