Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

new tattoo and swimming..**piog**

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:18 PM
  • 12 Replies
I just got a neew tattoo on my foot friday. Very bright in colors. Well on the paper saying no swimming until tattoo is heal. How long have any of you waited to go swimming after getting a new tattoo? Or how long should I wait to be safe?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
bzzybeemomof3
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:29 PM

Its usally 8 to 10 days, you have to wait for any scabbing to be gone and clear or risk getting an infection. Or loosing color on the tattoo, depending on where you are swimming.

My mom just got a small wrist tattoo a few weeks ago and we have a salt water pool here, she went in, but didnt get it wet (you its your foot, kinda hard to avoid) but depending on the size of it, my mom put one of those clear water proof bandaids on hers about day 4 and had no problems.

Rachael-Dawn
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:31 PM
I was told 6 weeks.
dewh2007
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:33 PM
Ill post a pic but its decent size? When do scabs usually develope my last two tattoo never scabbed other have but I forget like if was right away or not lol

Quoting bzzybeemomof3:

Its usally 8 to 10 days, you have to wait for any scabbing to be gone and clear or risk getting an infection. Or loosing color on the tattoo, depending on where you are swimming.

My mom just got a small wrist tattoo a few weeks ago and we have a salt water pool here, she went in, but didnt get it wet (you its your foot, kinda hard to avoid) but depending on the size of it, my mom put one of those clear water proof bandaids on hers about day 4 and had no problems.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bzzybeemomof3
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:35 PM

My moms never scabbed either, or have any of mine. My Aunt went and got a big shoulder blade piece and hers scabbed, so I think it depends on the persons skin really. lol

But usually it scabs within 24 hours and if you are putting cream on it when supposed to, it should go down by day 3-4.

Quoting dewh2007:

Ill post a pic but its decent size? When do scabs usually develope my last two tattoo never scabbed other have but I forget like if was right away or not lol

Quoting bzzybeemomof3:

ravenschick
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:37 PM
I would wait until its fully healed. If it is soaked it can lose its color. Wait until all the scanning is gone and then you will be good to go!
dewh2007
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:38 PM

This was day I got it done can show other pic but its upside down.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dewh2007
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:40 PM
Ty yeah.. I just could not member how long it took me scab. I'm planning on waiting at least 2 weeks and see from them. I'm not much of a swimmer neither are my kids but all of the sudden they decided they want to swim all the time lol. Posted pic

Quoting bzzybeemomof3:

My moms never scabbed either, or have any of mine. My Aunt went and got a big shoulder blade piece and hers scabbed, so I think it depends on the persons skin really. lol

But usually it scabs within 24 hours and if you are putting cream on it when supposed to, it should go down by day 3-4.

Quoting dewh2007:

Quoting bzzybeemomof3:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bzzybeemomof3
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Very cute. i like it. :)

ETA. Who is the Gemini?

bzzybeemomof3
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:44 PM

6 weeks????Thats crazy. I have more then 1 tattoo and have always been told 8-10 days max, unless it is not healed yet or has gotten infected.

Quoting Rachael-Dawn:

I was told 6 weeks.

dewh2007
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Thank you. Didnt hurt as bad as I thought itwould. My neck hurt worse lol. But yeah I feel bad for my kids I might do it any ways and just dip one leg in water and hide my other foot lol

Quoting bzzybeemomof3:

Very cute. i like it. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN