Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I am terrified. I am 22 weeks pregnant with my first child. .

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:44 PM
  • 21 Replies

So i am 22 weeks pregnant and when i learned i was pregnant i was about 13 pounds under weight do to over exercising. Now my many concerns are centered around my weight not being enough for my baby and my core being too tight. I have drastically increased my diet and decreased my exercise habits (half a mile walk in the morning, half at night) to get my body healthy enough to make my baby healthy but, i have no bump. She is a mover and defiantly going to be a little kick boxer but i no one can tell. Both her father and i are really starting to get concerned... We really need words of advice or like to know when you started to show?

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:28 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Sapphire Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:46 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome to CafeMom,
Congrats on being pregnant with your first bundle of joy!
Everyone is different & starts showing at different times.  Be patiennt.
As long as your OBN doc is not concerned it will happen :)

brianard90
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:48 PM
1 mom liked this
One of my friends didn't have a bump until she was starting her third trimester. Baby was 100% healthy at birth and throughout pregnancy. Some women just carry small
justinnaimee
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:49 PM
1 mom liked this
Is your dr worried? If not I wouldn't be. I have a friend who is a gymnast. She has two kids.she didnt show at all with either until around 30 weeks and never got very big at all. Her kids were normal sized and healthy
mom2one29
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:50 PM

I didnt really show until I was almost 9 months. I am tall so I can hide my weight better than someone shorter. Dont worry about it. If you eat right and  do moderate exercise. Make sure to go to all your doc appointments. If you can feel the baby move everything should be fine. 

Kathy489
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:50 PM

I never showed until about 6 months, and I could still hide it by the way I dressed. I only gained 15 pounds total, and when I left the hospital after my son was born, I weighed less than I did before I got pregnant.

My son was and is perfectly healthy and I had a perfectly healthy pregnancy and delivery. Don't worry yourself. It will all work out the way it is supposed to be. :-)

ProudMommaBear
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:51 PM
1 mom liked this

i didn't find out i was pregnant till 5-6months because I was tiny and had no bump at all either because I have always been extremely tiny (89lbs before pregnancy) talk to your OB I'm sure you're fine. also don't change your diet ad such without speaking to your OB first. 

wintersdaughter
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:51 PM
With my first, I didn't start showing until 7 months, I looked the same as normal (I was active duty army at the time) then one day, bam, a huge baby bump. I wouldn't worry about it. My little girl was 7 lbs 12 oz and 21.5 inches
sheramom4
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:52 PM

Three of my kids I didn't show until around 7 months. And by 9 months I had a huge bump. With my oldest DD I was 32 weeks pregnant and was asked if I was buying baby gifts for a friend. I didn't look pregnant at all with her, just a little thick in the middle. 

terpmama
by Gold Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:53 PM

My first was early (32. Weeks- 7 months- he was healthy I was sick)... Never showed with him.... Second was full term, totally healthy 7 pounds... I didn't show til about 7 months. I had a friend whose body was quite fit! Triathlete through her entire pregnancy, finally got a bump at like 6 months.

mellyfury
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:54 PM

i didnt show until 6 months with my daughter 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)