Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Backpacks

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:51 PM
  • 21 Replies

I have a 10 year old who is terrible with backpacks. Since she started school (pre-k, she's going to 5th) she has went through 2 backpacks a year. They just fall apart with her. My mother has suggested LL Bean back packs. She keeps telling me I should buy one of those because she bought one for my sister and it lasted her 4 years. Has anyone bought one before? I don't want to spen $35-$40 on a backpack if its just going to last till Christmas again this year.

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alli1204
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:53 PM
I buy my dd backpacks from Pottery Barn. They are AMAZING and worth every penny. I could easily use them 2 years in a row but I don't bc I like buying her a new one every year. They wash really well, too.
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this
we only buy them. if they break or wear out. they replace it. they last for yrs. almost all the kids where we live use them.
ambermarie2006
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:54 PM
My kids have had a LLBean since pre k,and its now been 4 years and they are still holding up great.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mistie900
by Platinum Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Maybe you can find them at a discount type store like Marshall's or tj maxx? That way you are not paying full price. I don't know if they sell them or not but it might be worth a look
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dlock25
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:55 PM

Quoting calsmom62:

we only buy them. if they break or wear out. they replace it. they last for yrs. almost all the kids where we live use them.

Thats what I keep hearing. Last year I bought her one at the begining of school. Buy christmas she had two small holes and a busted zipper. I bought her another one and she had 2 broke zippers and had tore the strap by the end of the year.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:56 PM

Most of the more expensive brands will have guarantees to them especially LLbean so that if it does break it can be replaced for free.   So far dd is not rough on backpacks, nor was I growing up.

dlock25
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:57 PM

Quoting mistie900:

Maybe you can find them at a discount type store like Marshall's or tj maxx? That way you are not paying full price. I don't know if they sell them or not but it might be worth a look

The price is really not the issue. I don't mind paying it if the backpack will last at least the year, hopefully more. I just wanted to hear reviews from others besides the people who post on the LLBean website.
calsmom62
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 10:59 PM
i font think they are carried at tjmaxx. but llbean has free shipping

Quoting dlock25:

Quoting mistie900:

The price is really not the issue. I don't mind paying it if the backpack will last at least the year, hopefully more. I just wanted to hear reviews from others besides the people who post on the LLBean website.

calsmom62
by Silver Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:01 PM
seriously they are good. i have three boys from age 11 to 25. and except for one broken zipper ( but llbean sent me a replacement bag) we have all of the original backpacks from pre k on and they are still useable

Quoting dlock25:

Quoting mistie900:

papamama2b
by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:03 PM

I am a bag killer and I have had my LL Been for almost 3.5 years using it everyday sense my Hubby bought it for me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)