Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Is it terrible that part of me almost wishes he wouldn't visit?

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:23 AM
  • 6 Replies

my husband is a wonderful man and a great dad...he is also a military dad. right now he is gone trianing for a new job within the military. He has been gone since april and will be gone until next june... he has visited twice once last month and then this weekend. we miss him when he's gone terribly and we are trilled when he comes to visit but it is so hard to say goodbye again when he has to go.I can handle it but it hurts the kids so much...I hate to see them missing their daddy so much.part of me thinks it would be easier if he didn't visit at all...but  that is just terrible I know.sorry hope this actually makes sense.

by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:23 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Mommy4-27-08
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:29 AM
Aww, I understand. It is difficult to say goodbye and doing it over and over is probably torture. However, the kids would probably be really upset if he never came to visit too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:32 AM

Quoting Mommy4-27-08:

Aww, I understand. It is difficult to say goodbye and doing it over and over is probably torture. However, the kids would probably be really upset if he never came to visit too.

true...I know they miss him all the time but they get into a rhythm or normalcy between visits.
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 3:12 AM

BUMP!

ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 11:13 AM

one last bump.

RADmomma
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 11:16 AM
I completely understand what you're saying. I hope the next year flies by & he's home before ya know it
ditsyjo
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 11:42 AM

me too.

Quoting RADmomma:

I completely understand what you're saying. I hope the next year flies by & he's home before ya know it

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN