Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

What kind of car/truck/SUV/mini-van do you drive? Do you like it?

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:33 PM
  • 74 Replies

Our 16yr old is getting his license in a few months and we'll be giving him one of our old cars.  That means we are in the market to buy a new car.  

We plan on getting one with a third row seat because we are a family of six and even though our oldest is 21 and rarely goes anywhere in the car with us, our kids have friends and our kids are getting bigger and need more space to ride. (We are also a tall family)

I want to buy late-model used to save a little money (saving for my kid's college), so I am wondering....

What kind of car do you drive?

How big is your family?

How do you like your current car/truck/SUV/mini-van?

Would you buy it again?

If not, what would you buy differently next time?

by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:33 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pinkfairy0206
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:35 PM
We r a family of 6 as well. We have a ford excursion:) biggest truck there is. I love our truck and could not imagine driving a minivan lol
Amy_M
by Bronze Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:39 PM

Family of 4, we bought our SUV when I was pregnant (unfortunately that ended in miscarraige)  I drive a 1999 Durango, I like it alot.  It is older but in great condition.  We rarely use the 3rd row but I like having it for when we have extra kids with us.  It is not too big, so I don't feel like I am driving a school bus.

Mommylovesdada
by Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:39 PM
How is yours on gas? Is it easy to get in and out of the third row? We bought a trailblazer when baby 3 was on the way BC we weren't planning for more for a while.... Now we are expecting #4 lol needless to say, we too will be in the market for a bigger vehicle.

Quoting pinkfairy0206:

We r a family of 6 as well. We have a ford excursion:) biggest truck there is. I love our truck and could not imagine driving a minivan lol

iHEAVENn
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:42 PM

I have a 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. I LOVEEEE it. 

It is not big enough for a large family though, we are just a family of 3 so it works perfectly. 

We also have a 2006 Honda Civic... that's even smaller lol

MrsKaufold1990
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:43 PM
Right now we have a late 90s saturn...hare it, but its only between 25-30$ to fill up every three days...and we do a lot of running.

But by next year ill have my either white ir blur late 90s grand am with a working a/c unit ad sun roof.
pinkfairy0206
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:47 PM
Its expensive to fill up,about $250! Yes its easy to get in and out of 3rd row. The 2nd row seat goes foward:) I love it! I was in your predicament too,when I had my 4th baby,we had a chevy tahoe. That wasn't working for us lol

Quoting Mommylovesdada:

How is yours on gas? Is it easy to get in and out of the third row? We bought a trailblazer when baby 3 was on the way BC we weren't planning for more for a while.... Now we are expecting #4 lol needless to say, we too will be in the market for a bigger vehicle.

Quoting pinkfairy0206:

MusherMaggie
by Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this
Subaru Outback, 6-speed manual transmission. There are 4 dogs and 4 humans in our family. It has all-wheel drive all the time, great traction and stopping in all kinds of weather. I would definitely buy another, if this one should wear out. We have 3 Subarus in the family!
Due9
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:51 PM
1 mom liked this

We drive a 2008 Mercedes C Class and a 2001 Toyota Camry (husband drives it to work) We are a family of 5. Two are in carseats so the back seat is non-existant in our car. We are looking to buy an SUV with third row or minivan. If we do decide on the minivan, we know we want the 2014 Honda Odyssey which comes with a built in vaccum cleaner. It's not on the lot yet but will be at the end of the summer. 

texassahm
by Gold Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 12:55 PM

Does that not have a third row seat?  I've heard good things about Jeep SUV's in the last few years.

Quoting iHEAVENn:

I have a 2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. I LOVEEEE it. 

It is not big enough for a large family though, we are just a family of 3 so it works perfectly. 

We also have a 2006 Honda Civic... that's even smaller lol

Crashly
by WINNING! on Jul. 17, 2013 at 1:17 PM
I drive a GMC Envoy and I love it. I will be upgrading to a GMC Acadia in the next few years.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN