Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Preschool?

Posted by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:35 PM
  • 14 Replies

My son is 3. I am debating on sending him to preschool this year or next year. How old/how many years did your child attend preschool 

by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:37 PM
Preschool at 3, pre-k at 4, k at 5 for DS. DD was skightly older due to when her birthday is.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rosebud27aj
by Silver Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:37 PM

My oldest attended 3 yrs of preschool and my youngest just started preschool last school year and will go 2 more years. They both started at 3 yrs old. 

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:38 PM

My dd was unable to spend any time at a preschool.  I would send him if there is a 3 yr old class since at this age alot of learning is done through play and he can really get used to a classroom setting.  You can always take him out if he does not do well.

toopicky429
by Platinum Member on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:38 PM
My oldest did three years because she has a fall birthday, and my youngest did two years because he has a spring birthday. I wish I had done three years for him though. When they were three they went two days a week for two hours.
mom2ljh
by on Jul. 17, 2013 at 10:40 PM
My son went to preschool at 3. He went for 2 years. It was great and definitely prepared him well for kindergarten. He had an excellent year and is looking forward to first grade.
Heathersb33
by Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:14 AM
My son is now 4 and put him in preschool at 3 and he loves it! He will be starting pre-k in September. He had made a lot of friends and learned so much!
sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:28 AM
My dd only did 1 year of preschool. Been trying to get ds in and can not
LoriAnn87
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 8:50 AM

My oldest was 3 when he started preschool and he was there for 2 years. He went to a special ed preschool at one of our located elmerty schools and once he started going he started talking a lot more. He love going to school because he was making news, learning news things and becoming more social but most he enjoy taking the bus to and from school. They called him the mayor at his school because everyone from preschool, kindgertan and first grade just love it because he was very friendly and very helpful. Now my son is 5 and he will be ending kindgertan in the fall.

Xstitchinmom
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:01 AM
My dd started preschool at 2 and a half and ds at three. I'm a former pre k teacher and I believe preschool helps a child get off to a good start in kindergarten...
Kmary
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 10:12 AM

My oldest went at 3 and loved it, but his school has since closed rather suddenly and I hadn't looked into any others, so his younger brother won't start preschool until he's 4  I guess it'll technically be pre-K at that point.  Oldest LOVED his school and I certainly don't regret sending him 2 years in a row, but is it truly necessary?  Not really.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)