Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

do you meditate/pray or both?

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 12:26 AM
  • 41 Replies
does anyone here meditate, if so why. do you replace it with prayer? do you do both? is it the same thing to you? any info on why you do this would be great. I pray, but should spend more time in quiet for sure.
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 12:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MixedCooke
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 12:45 AM

I meditate-ish--say motivational sayings and do yoga.  I pray on occasion.  I prefer to be self-reliant.

godsgirl26
by ♥Char2theMaine♥ on Jul. 18, 2013 at 12:46 AM
I do not meditate at all. I pray to my lord Jesus christ.

Adoyle91
by New Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 12:49 AM

I pray not only because I believe it connects to me god and also helps with my anxiety! Im not too sure why but ever since I was a little girl prayer has always helped me. Another good "meditation" I do is called grounding its works amazing for me I tell myself about my surroundings and literally bring my thoughts and myself back to the now and reality! I've heard yoga also could be really good too. still have found enough patience to do that! Haha  but I do these things mostly for my anxiety which gives me a peace of mind and who doesn't feel good about that? 

mama23brie
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 12:56 AM
1 mom liked this
I pray. But not as often as I should. I tend to only do it when things are rough, which I feel makes me a bad christian. I want to get in the habit of praying more. It eases my mind to be frequently connected to God.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mama23brie
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 12:58 AM
Although i am not opposed to meditation. I want to start doing yoga after i give birth and i think meditation would go great with that. I just have to try really hard to focus cuz i get distracted very easily lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nelliesmommy
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 1:01 AM

pray

KendallsMommee
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 1:04 AM
1 mom liked this
I pray on occasion.

I can't meditate to save my life. My mind just won't shut off long enough.
Katmegali
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 6:03 AM

I pray to God to hear me and I try to mediate so I can listen to him.  I am not good at mediating but try to close my mind to sound and thought and just listen

MichelleJ1000
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 6:05 AM
I pray every time I lay down to sleep for the night.
etsmom
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 6:12 AM

I haven't meditated in a while. I do pray and meditate. I pray when I am scared and I need a connection with God or I am feeling confused or lonely. As for meditation, I started meditating when I was suffering from bad anxiety attacks. I would feel like I was spinning out of control and I couldn't breath. Meditation lets me stop focusing on the negative and allows me to center myself. I like it because I can feel each muscle in my body relax and my mind becomes quiet and more clear. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN