Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

do you think moms of preemies shouldnt have any more babies?

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 5:39 PM
  • 40 Replies
If a woman repetitively gives birth to children who are premature.... do you think she shouldnt have any more babies?
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 5:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
2Sparrows4ever
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 5:40 PM
1 mom liked this
Nope, her body, her choice, now if a doctor has told her no more and she (they) choose to anyhow then well they're idiots, but essentially, to each their own
LizzieAnnesMom
by ☆Mrs.Winchester☆ on Jul. 18, 2013 at 5:46 PM

Not my business

terpmama
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 5:47 PM

My first was a preemie (pre eclampsia) csec at 32weeks 5 days... My second was a vbac on his due date (started labor naturally with NO interventions... 

I think it depends on why but not my choice to make for others it's between the woman her hubby and doc.

Mommytoaangel
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 5:52 PM
1 mom liked this
I had micro preemie twin boys they sadly passed soon after birth why i had them early neglegent doctor care i am pregnant now god willin i will get to term
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2Sparrows4ever
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:05 PM
Best of luck!!!

Quoting Mommytoaangel:

I had micro preemie twin boys they sadly passed soon after birth why i had them early neglegent doctor care i am pregnant now god willin i will get to term
Ktina11
by Silver Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:10 PM
No. Had two of my four kids before 36 weeks and two at full term (first born child). One of the full term babies died. Both "premies" are happy and healthy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
saphiraka
by Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:21 PM

Depends on why they are having preemies.. As a mom of 2 preemies this is my story.. My oldest is now 12 .. she was born @ 32 weeks, weighed 3lbs 2 oz was 16 inches long.  She didnt grow properly while I was pregnant a condition known as IUGR (interuterine growth retardation) so she was developed to about a 28 week gestation baby.. I wound up having preeclampsia and gestational diabetes.. Because she wasnt growing well and my blood pressure was getting so high the doctors decided delivering then was the best thing to do.. She spent just under a month in the hospital before she came home.. All the doctors I had, I asked if this was likely to happen again.. They all said it shouldnt happen and be fine..  Well year and half later birth control failed and I was pregnant with my 2nd child.. Gestational diabetes came back.. early.. within first trimester.. so it became deemed as type 2 ( i still have it, and need insulin).. Other than that everything was going fine until right before my 24th week.. I thought I was going into labor because of cramping. ( I hadnt gone into labor with first one so was my first time even thinking it was contractions lol )    went to the hospital.. good news was .. not in labor.. had a nasty Urinary tract infection...but... bad news.. my blood pressue was 200s/180s.... so off to the state hospiatal I was sent. I was told I had to be there for as long as could with goal being ending at my due date..  Well... I made it a month.. My blood pressue was so high, my kidneys were shutting down... wasnt a good situation at all..They delivered my youngest dd @ 27 weeks.. she was 2lbs 3 oz ( which always makes me laugh as it is same numbers as oldest just backwards with the lbs and oz  lol) and she was 15 inches long.. Also had IUGR so was developed ot about a 24 week baby.. She spent 4 months in the hospital before she came home.. . Due to all the complications I got my tubes tied.. Drs said another baby would most likely kill me, and that my youngest almost did.. I have 2 wonderful little miracle girls and I couldnt see risking my life and taking a mom away from the 2 I already had.   Sometimes I wish I could have another but  in the long run Im glad I wont be risking another preemie or my own life.

xtwistedxlovex
by Gold Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:26 PM
My sister had three (2-3mos early) and then a hysterectomy. She was told another pregnancy would probably kill her and the baby. Her kids (oldest is 13) are all healthy, happy, and very well cared for...but of course I'm glad she chose to heed her doctors' advice not to do it again.

I'm pretty sure if you asked the youngest whether his mom should have stopped after two preemies he would say no way though :-P
kss12
by Member on Jul. 18, 2013 at 7:26 PM
If mom wants more, mom can have more.
jojo_star
by on Jul. 18, 2013 at 9:14 PM

Nope, her body, her choice. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)