Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Is it bad?

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:49 AM
  • 10 Replies

Is it a bad thing that I make my 4 year old son take a nap every day? So what do u think? Because my husband told me that its selfish I make him take a nap. 

by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
connorsmom2009
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:56 AM

BUMP!

tinakinakins
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:57 AM

If he's tired, I see no problem.

momof4bzN2gz
by Julie on Jul. 19, 2013 at 12:59 AM
I had all my kids take a nap until they turned 5 and started school, about 3 months before school started i didnt make them take a nap unless they said they were tired so they could get used to full day school. Even after they started kinder they would sometimes come home and take a quick nap before dinner.
Emeraldmama7
by Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 1:22 AM

I think to each her own, but after they hit first grade the naps should probably stop.  My kids stop napping around 2...but if they needed a nap at 4 then I would make them nap. 

Jessa, mama to:

Alyssa(11), Autumn(10), Mariah(9), Matthew(9), Blake(7), Laila(3), Athena(10 mo), Sage(m/c 4/13), and our newest EDD 03/20/14!!!

Hollybriann
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 1:31 AM
Let your husband deal with a tired 4 year old and then let him come tell you that..
KendallsMommee
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 1:51 AM
My dd stopped napping at 14 months old. She slept from 7 pm to 8 am. Loved it.

Forcing him to nap is selfish if he doesn't really need one.

If he fights them, just put him to bed early and cut them out.
connorsmom2009
by Silver Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 1:54 AM

BUMP!

CrossStitchMum
by Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 1:57 AM
I gave up enforcing naps on any of mine when the oldest was about 3 (I had 3 kids by then) it just wasn't worth the 2 or 3 hour fight. But if your son still needs 1 then you're doing the right thing :)
MrsMadBrit
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 2:21 AM

It's hard to make a 4yo take a nap. If he's tired enough to sleep, he probably needed it. My dd still takes a nap a couple times a week.

RheaF
by Sweet Insanity on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:06 AM

My DS is 4 1/2 and still needs a nap everyday. He is miserable without it. If your son will fall asleep for a nap, then that means he still needs one. Tell your DH when he is ready to deal with a cranky, overtired 4 year old by himself you will stop naps. Till then, deal with it If my son still needs a nap at 9 I will let him!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN