Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Allergy or lactose intolerant?

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 1:36 PM
  • 0 Replies

My youngest daughter (4 years old, will be 5 in Nov.) is starting school this year. DD has been lactose intolerant, since she was born, she couldn't handle the blue can of similac, so she was put on the orange can similac sensitive, I believe it was lactose intolerant, no I know for sure it was.

DD would scream and cry when given the blue can of similac, her poor tummy would hardened up and she would have explosive diapers and projectile throw up. She continued to this even on the lactose intolerant formula. Her dr. said she would out  row it. In the next year or so. ( this was a year old.)  He wanted me to give her quarter to a half a cup of whole regular milk, to get her body to accept whole milk. It never did, up to this day she can't  drink it with out dire consequences. The school wants a doctors note to. Prove that she can't have  milk because she is lactose intolerant.

However, during these last four years she has been waking up in the middle of the night. It begins as her whining and coughing until she throws up. After throwing up( sometimes once or twice, so times for a good hour or so.)  By then  she is  shaking and trembling ,  pale and runny nose with clammy skin. And really irritable after wards  I took her to her dr again about it, he just prescribed nexium once a day for a month, it didn't work she still had episodes. I took her back for a follow up appt. he then decided to put her on Zantac. However, he never called in the prescription, I call three times about it, however no prescription. I would like for them to an allergy test, but the refuse saying shell grow out of it, what should I do ?

nthe times she has had episodes no milk product was given to her. The last time she a couple hot dogs only one had a bun and she didn't eat maybe a couple bites of it.

by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 1:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)