Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

my tubes are tied but am I pregnant

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 1:47 PM
  • 13 Replies
I had my tubes tied the day after my 15 month old was born I knew I was pregnant with all 3 of my kids when my period only lasted 3 days I'm used to the last thing about 5 this month my. Only lasted 2 days with the third all spotting. I've heard possible to still get pregnant When your kids have been tied what are my chances please does anybody have any input on this
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3boysngirl
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 2:00 PM
Did u take a test?
sahmw2010
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 2:11 PM

take a test, but my monthly has been all sorts messed up since getting my tubes tied. i know some women have to go on the pill to try and regulate. take the test, but also talk to you doc

amonkeymom
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 2:13 PM

Yes, it is possible to still become pregnant after a tubal ligation, though not common. I've also heard that having your tubes tied can cause your cycle to change somewhat as wel.

Since you believe you're pregnant, you should see your doctor as soon as possible since there can be complications after having tubes tied. 

PrissyKrissy02
by Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 2:16 PM
I missed two cycles 2 yrs after my Tubal. It can mess with your cycle. Try not to stress and take a test.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momofmenagerie
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 2:22 PM
Were they cauterized, too! I had a tubal but not tied , they were cut and burned....a very surreal experience btw. But I did still have to sign that a tubal was not 100%. I assume it's just a CYA form, but it is definitely possible or they wouldn't make you sign it.
Momofmenagerie
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 2:24 PM
THIS is very true! My cycle has yet to regulate after almost three years.

Quoting PrissyKrissy02:

I missed two cycles 2 yrs after my Tubal. It can mess with your cycle. Try not to stress and take a test.

kburch
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 4:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Thank you My period has been regular up until this month guess I won't find out till next month huh when I take the test I will keep you all informed thank you and God bless
AppleJacks2
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Quoting amonkeymom:

Yes, it is possible to still become pregnant after a tubal ligation, though not common. I've also heard that having your tubes tied can cause your cycle to change somewhat as wel.

Since you believe you're pregnant, you should see your doctor as soon as possible since there can be complications after having tubes tied. 

mother-9004
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 6:54 PM
Mom from mom. I have my tubes tied after my last daughter but I have had another baby. Mom that's God work the babies are blessing. I'm happy for u and your sweetheart ok.
shoot4thestars
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 11:24 PM

It's possible, but your it could also mess with your cycles.  Take a test or see your doctor to make sure.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)