Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Would you pay me to ....

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:06 PM
  • 15 Replies

Take pictures?

I love photography and do it mainly as a hobby. I've had several people tell me I should start learning/trying to do it professionally. Normally I hear it from family and friends so I think "oh you have to tell me that". But now I'm curious. 

Would you pay me to take your pictures?

by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Bmat
by Platinum Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:17 PM

These are sweet. :)   I suspect that with a few classes under your belt that you could make some money with your skill. :)

NDADanceMom
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:23 PM

No.  Sorry.  My husband takes better ones and he isnt a pro or anything.  Most people can take really good pics nowdays with a nice camera.  You dont even consider the 4 quadrants of a picture. 

alexsmomma06
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:26 PM

Based on these pictures, no.

illinoismommy83
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:26 PM

Nah. The way technology has advanced, you can take professional looking pics with a $200 camera and a downloaded version of photoshop. 

kreedbt
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:26 PM

I do actually consider the 4 quandrants, but these are pictures of my daughter playing and of my sisters newborn so I wasn't really thinking four quandrants when I took the pictures.

Quoting NDADanceMom:

No.  Sorry.  My husband takes better ones and he isnt a pro or anything.  Most people can take really good pics nowdays with a nice camera.  You dont even consider the 4 quadrants of a picture. 

kreedbt
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:27 PM

Thanks!

Quoting alexsmomma06:

Based on these pictures, no.

kreedbt
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:28 PM

Thanks! I do agree that most people can snap some pictures, photoshop them and call them professional. I don't know how to use photoshop, maybe I should learn. 

Quoting illinoismommy83:

Nah. The way technology has advanced, you can take professional looking pics with a $200 camera and a downloaded version of photoshop. 

kidlover2
by Gold Member on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:28 PM
I personally think professional photography is going away... My sister bought an expensive camera and with one class, I would think she was a "professional".
my4kids274
by Drill Sergeant Mommy on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:29 PM
No I would not.
kreedbt
by on Jul. 19, 2013 at 8:30 PM

I don't know. I still see a big difference between actual professional photographers and people with a nice camera taking regular pictures. A lot of this question also stems from planning my wedding. My caterer recommended a photographer, told me her prices which were really good for a wedding photographer but when I went to her website the pictures, I thought, were worse than mine.

Quoting kidlover2:

I personally think professional photography is going away... My sister bought an expensive camera and with one class, I would think she was a "professional".

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)