Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

My beautiful Siberian husky died this afternoon

Posted by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:59 PM
  • 31 Replies
My 11 year old Siberian husky, jake, died. I'm so upset. He was outside for a potty break and dh went out to get him and he was under a tree, dead. I want to find a nice place to bury him in the yard but dh says he is too big to bury in the yard. He wants to put him in the trash :(. I don't want that to happen. I guess I will go out and start digging. The kids are going to be so upset. They are spending the weekend at grandmas.
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 2:03 PM
I'm so sorry :( I wouldn't be able to put my pet in the trash either. Why is the yard too small to bury him? Could you get him cremated instead?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GreenDotsOrange
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 2:04 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. Pets are family too. A lot of ppl cremate their animals if that is an option for you. Hugs for you and your family.
2Sparrows4ever
by on Jul. 20, 2013 at 2:05 PM
{{{{{HUGS}}}}} I'm sorry for your loss
mom4awesomekids
by Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 2:05 PM

I am so sorry for your loss.

rmfanfgljf
by Gold Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 2:07 PM
We cremated our dog that was killed last year, he is in our closet in a box, we will figure out something to do with him when we move onto our property.........my dh brought home a cat that was dying, he couldn't leave it laying in the street so he brought her home made her comfortable and when she passes away he buried her in the year, even the pets we have no connection to we bury, I can't see throwing them away.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
norahsmommy
by Platinum Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 2:07 PM
It's not too small, he's just a really big dog. The hole will have to be pretty deep. Dh wasn't that close to Jake so he doesn't want to put in so much effort on a hot day. I will dig it but dh doesn't want me to because I'm pregnant. He just wants to put him in a couple of bags and in the trash. It's easier and "he's done with his body now".

Quoting quickbooksworm:

I'm so sorry :( I wouldn't be able to put my pet in the trash either. Why is the yard too small to bury him? Could you get him cremated instead?

A.J.s_mommy
by Ruby Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 2:08 PM
How sad. I wouldn't want to put him in the trash either.
MandaMom23
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 2:08 PM

I'm sorry that you lost him, that is really sad.

quickbooksworm
by Silver Member on Jul. 20, 2013 at 2:11 PM
Maybe he could wait until it cools off some this afternoon. Really, I'd tell him if you love me you will dig this hole.

Quoting norahsmommy:

It's not too small, he's just a really big dog. The hole will have to be pretty deep. Dh wasn't that close to Jake so he doesn't want to put in so much effort on a hot day. I will dig it but dh doesn't want me to because I'm pregnant. He just wants to put him in a couple of bags and in the trash. It's easier and "he's done with his body now".

Quoting quickbooksworm:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sam12796
by Sandy on Jul. 20, 2013 at 2:15 PM
How inconsiderate of him to "throw" your family pet in the trash!! My husband would never even if he didn't care for the dog suggest something so cold. You can bet your ass he wouldn't let me dig a hole pregnant or not. He'd be a man and do it for me.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)